Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California
Reload this Page >

Rehearsal Dinner in San Diego to bring in in-n-out and chicago style pizza

Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Hi there friends, hoping someone local to San Diego may be able to help me out. Looking for a spot to host about 100 people in April 2012. We're having our reception in Del Mar and are open to some other areas for the Friday Rehearsal Dinner. Bride is from san diego and groom is from Chicago so were looking for a place where we can bring in some general favorites of both sides: in-n-out burgers and chicago style pizza. Since were looking to 'order in' restaurant or hotels are out. Any other suggestions on where to start?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 6:21 pm

I knew someone who had theirs at mission bay, I think the mission bay aquatic center. They had a lot of people also and ordered phil's BBQ to cater.

Edit:
Ok I think it was either the mb park pavilion or the rowing club:
http://www.sandiegorowing.org/garty-...st-kept-secret

Last edited by ck2003; Sep 9, 2011 at 9:23 pm
Old Sep 10, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
Went to a wedding reception that was held at the Marina Village Conference Center. It felt like a somewhat dated facility but it's got a good location in Mission Bay near Sea World and The Dana Hotel. I don't believe that they required any specific caterers and the hosts were free to use whomever they wanted.

I assume that the groom who wants In N Out knows about their catering trucks/trailers, right?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:14 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by SWCPHX
Went to a wedding reception that was held at the Marina Village Conference Center. It felt like a somewhat dated facility but it's got a good location in Mission Bay near Sea World and The Dana Hotel. I don't believe that they required any specific caterers and the hosts were free to use whomever they wanted.
We went to a wedding there this summer as well. They must have had 6 different weddings there that night. I agree it is dated, and yet it has a pretty view over the marina. Weddings were out on grassy knolls at different spots on the property. We could barely hear the pastor at ours; they needed a better sound system. Otherwise it was very pleasant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.