Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California
Reload this Page >

Disneyland vs. Universal Studios: Crowds on a Sunday in September

Old Aug 24, 2011, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

We have 4 full days in Anaheim (Sunday through Wednesday) and we are getting Citypasses which include three days in Disneyland and one day at Universal Studios. We are traveling with 5 school-age and preschool-age kids.

We had originally planned to do nothing on Sunday and spend Monday to Wednesday at Disneyland. But now we are reconsidering. (We are going to San Diego the next week)

We have been advised to avoid Disneyland on a Sunday due to the crowds and lineups. I imagine Universal Studios is worse on a Sunday. So we are looking for advice on the crowd situation, should we take Sunday off and skip Universal studios, or should we spend a Sunday at one of these two places.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
To make the most of your Citypass I would at least try Universal Studios on the Sunday. The lines will not be any worse than what you would find at Disneyland.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Disneyland is crowded on Sundays because the several hundred thousand SoCal annual passholders are blocked on Saturdays. Universal has no such issue. PReschoolers do not particularly enjoy Universal in my experience.

Last edited by VickiSoCal; Aug 26, 2011 at 5:58 pm
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Do Universal Studios on Sunday, and Disneyland the rest of your trip. As Vicki says, discounted SoCal annual passes at Disneyland tend to be blacked out on Saturdays, so all the locals get funneled in to Sunday. I don't imagine that the same situation exists in Universal.

For Disneyland planning, TouringPlans.com has a great Disneyland crowd calendar: http://touringplans.com/disneyland-r...crowd-calendar

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.