Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Santa Barbara Hotels [consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2005, 1:29 pm
dawei

Santa Barbara – Lodging?

I will be staying in Santa Barbara from over the Fourth of July weekend for five nights. Anyone have any suggestions for a place to stay that won’t break the bank? I’ve been looking online and am amazed that two star hotels go for $200!!

Old Apr 15, 2005, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
We stayed in the Hoiday Inn once as everything else was sold out. It really wasn't that bad, but be sure & request a top floor ocean view room in the 3rd building. They have balconies & great views!!
Old Apr 15, 2005, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Its going to be pretty tough to find anything here for that weekend. I'd say if you are definately coming, that you book anything right away. Lower your expectations about the accommodations. Santa Barbara, however, is wonderful.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The HIEX is actually the very old Hotel Virginia. And it has been recently renovated. I stayed there a few weeks ago and it seemed very nice to me, especially at less than $100. And I got loads of PC bonus points.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 6:32 pm

Programs: American Airlines
There are some nice "bed-and-breakfasts" that you can find on-line.

]I will be staying in Santa Barbara from over the Fourth of July weekend for five nights. Anyone have any suggestions for a place to stay that won’t break the bank? I’ve been looking online and am amazed that two star hotels go for $200!![/QUOTE]
Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:40 pm

Santa Barbara Lodging...

lodging in SB is VERY expensive, and on a holiday weekend, you'd be doing good to get something clean and nice and expect to pay less than $200/night, but some options you might consider, is looking is some nearby locations, such as GOLETA (about 10 miles north on 101, actually it's west, but north via Hwy), or Carpenteria (you can find small local motel/hotels, even a Motel6), Summerland (pretty up-scale local as well).

I have lived here in Santa Barbara for a number of years, and living here is not cheap and neither is visiting. But there are a great variety of Wonderful restaurants, of EVERY type, kind or like there is.

Of course, like most "destination" local's, you get what you pay for, and you PAY (sometimes through the nose) to get what you want... but there are some pretty decent deals, you just have to look.

Another options might be to do a web search using a "directory" listing, such as switchboard.com or superpages.com (verizon phone book listings) for Hotel/Motel, and be sure to look in surrounding areas.

Good Luck, Dave
Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Nearby Ventura, CA has a Holiday Inn and a Four Points. It has a nice little downtown too. It should be less than 30 minutes or so to SB.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
i've stayed at the casa del mar inn several times with my lady - it's a nice hacienda, a little walk to DT and water, but tucked away for a nice evening... ^

http://www.casadelmar.com/santa-barb...-breakfast.asp
Old May 4, 2005, 2:01 pm

We didn't want to pay a lot of $$$ when we went to Santa Barbara a few months ago. As a back up plan, you can do what we did -- use Priceline for a Ventura hotel (Marriott) for $50/night.
Old May 14, 2005, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
I do a lot of travel to the SB area. You can find a reasonably priced hotel in relatively nearby Lompoc. I usually stay at the HIEX, but occasionally at the Embassy.

To SB, about a 40 minute drive, but a scenic one.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Hotel in Santa Barbara

I have an 11:00 AM meeting near the airport but am unfamiliar with the area. I plan to arrive around 5:00 or 6:00 the night before and don't want to spend more than $150 or so on on the room rate. Any ideas? I usually go for SPG, Hilton or Marriotts but am willing to skip the points to see the beach or other interesting parts of town. Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2007, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Not really a whole lot of standard hotels near SBA. You won't find a Hilton, Doubletree, etc close to the airport if memory serves. I know there are a couple Best Westerns... one near the airport in Goleta and the other veery close to the beach, on Stearns wharf. Also very close to downtown.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 1:18 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
SBA is not that big, and it won't take too long to get from downtown to the airport area, so you can stay downtown by the beach. If you've never been to SB, then not worth staying near the airport. Stay in town instead.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the info! I booked a room at the Hotel Santa Barbara for $149.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:17 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I personally like the Country Inn by the Sea, a block from the beach and the breakwater. Stayed there a couple of times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.