Search

Luggage Storage In/Near San Diego Airport/Center

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Luggage Storage In/Near San Diego Airport/Center

All,

I've been to San Diego a few times, but have never tried to store my bags anywhere, since I've always had a car/hotel.

To make a long story short - is there anywhere in or around the Airport or City Center to store bags, aside from a hotel front desk? Are there lockers downtown at a train station/bus station/transit center or a shop within the airport/train or bus station that would hold bags for a few hours for a price?

I'm taking a Mileage Run into San Diego, and coming from the East Coast (especially in the winter), i'll be happy to just be outside. So, i'm contemplating bringing luggage with me, packing some stuff (See's candies, West Coast beers, etc) on the way back home and walking around town.

I'm planning on either walking West toward Ocean Beach or towards downtown, but either way, if I could store a bag somewhere for a few hours, I wouldn't have to lug anything around.

Thanks in Advance,
jeremy
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't recall any.
Just keep it at your hotel (or any hotel for that matter with a small tip) or simply check it.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:49 pm

Did you find a location to store luggage?

Originally Posted by kmfdm91
All,

I've been to San Diego a few times, but have never tried to store my bags anywhere, since I've always had a car/hotel.

To make a long story short - is there anywhere in or around the Airport or City Center to store bags, aside from a hotel front desk? Are there lockers downtown at a train station/bus station/transit center or a shop within the airport/train or bus station that would hold bags for a few hours for a price?

I'm taking a Mileage Run into San Diego, and coming from the East Coast (especially in the winter), i'll be happy to just be outside. So, i'm contemplating bringing luggage with me, packing some stuff (See's candies, West Coast beers, etc) on the way back home and walking around town.

I'm planning on either walking West toward Ocean Beach or towards downtown, but either way, if I could store a bag somewhere for a few hours, I wouldn't have to lug anything around.

Thanks in Advance,
jeremy
I'm doing three MR's to San Diego with an 8 hr turn around, two of which are back to back, and was also thinking about needing to bring an extra bag to store a change of clothes and any possible souvenirs.

Have you already taken your trip? Did you have any luck finding a place that would hold your bag?

I'm contemplating renting a car - which looks like it would run about $40-50 for the day. Taking into account the cost of taxis and the overall convenience, it may be worth it to me, but would like to know your thoughts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.