Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Urgent help needed

Urgent help needed

Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Urgent help needed

Hi guys,

i am new to montreal and planning to go to niagara falls via toronto this friday( my frend lives there )...
i want to know what the cheapest way to reach toronto and from there to niagara falls.
i found out that coachcanada can be booked online for app 120$ online and from station for 164$..i couldnt understand since when i asked the info guys there they said 164$ is the best since its valid for 1 year..when i confirmed about online booking they were hesitant to tell..
is there some shared cabs running from montreal to toronto which are cheaper that 55$ per side..i overheard this may not be correct..
i need urgent help since the price may rise as day progresses..

kindly help for the same.
thanks in advance
anurag
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:29 am

Welcome to Flyertalk Anurag.

Seriously consider purchasing a HI-Canada (Hostelling International) membership. This will give you a 25 % discount on Greyhound tickets, and is particularly useful for walkup fares. This will take the cost of your bus ticket from Montreal to Niagra Falls down to appr. $ 115.

The membership costs $ 35, but it is good for 2 years and you will probably get lots of use from it if you are planning on doing any other travelling.

To reduce the cost even further you can purchase a discounted ticket from Montreal to Toronto for $ 65 ( or perhaps less, I believe you can receive the Hostelling discount online ) on the Greyhound.ca website. Click on "Deals and Discounts", and then "City Pair Specials". A walkup ticket to Niagra Falls from Toronto then costs appr. $ 21 ( or less with your Hostelling card ), for a total cost of appr. $ 80 .

Enjoy your trip.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:52 am
Original Poster

hey buddy,
thanks for the help.
i am here only till month end and may not be able to buy some mebership.
i was confused with difference between online and counter prices difference.
i think i will take coach canda for 120$ return trip to toronto adn then from toronto to niagra i will go with my frend...
do i need to buy any more tickt to actullay visit near niagra falls..
may be a travel advice for niagara falls would be good..
is there any thing esle to explore near niagra
thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.