Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

$30 off deal on Expedia no min. stay or purchase amount!!

$30 off deal on Expedia no min. stay or purchase amount!!

Old May 14, 2009, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Thumbs up $30 off deal on Expedia no min. stay or purchase amount!!

This is getting some good traction in the Hotel Deals forum, but because it's of particular interest to this subforum as well I thought I'd post here in case fellow miserly or economically strapped types haven't seen yet.

Expedia.co.UK, the UK branch of the Expedia website, is having a great referral deal where you can get 20 pounds sterling (about $30.40) off any hotel booking with them with no minimum purchase or minimum stay!

You also don't have to live in the UK to grab the deal. You can use Expedia UK even if you live in the US. It works fine for U.S. addresses and U.S. credit cards!

All you have to do is get a code, enter it in the "I have a voucher" field when booking, and it'll knock 20 pounds (about $30.40) or one night's room cost off the cost of the stay, whichever is lower. One pound sterling is about $1.52.

I can personally vouch for it, as I was able to book a place in Las Vegas that cost less than 20 pounds and had a "second night free" deal. It charged only a little over a pound (just over $1.50) as the booking fee and that was it. There are also other reports of free or near-free rooms in the Hotel Deals thread.

THIS IS REALLY IDEAL FOR 1-NIGHT BOOKINGS, such as needing to stay near an airport at the start or end of a trip, or anything where you only need 1 night. It also works for longer stays, but the current deal with no minimum purchase or minimum stay is exceptional and may not last. Get your bookings in while you can. You can book stays until the end of the year, which is also great.

"Free" rooms for only the 1-2 pound booking fee are possible in Las Vegas, Reno, maybe Orlando, parts of Thailand, and a smattering of other places. But this works well to knock $30 off the cost of any of their Special Rate Hotels anywhere.

Not only that, but you can book using it all the way until Dec. 31 for stays all the way through March 31, 2010. OTOH, there's a good chance the offer gets pulled before then, and if that happens I'm sure they'll honor the paid-for bookings but probably not the unredeemed codes.

PM me with e-mail address (can be a junk e-mail, just as long as you can get it) for your very own, fresh code along with Expedia's details and T&Cs.

This is supposed to be only one use per account. You can't use more than one code for the same account, credit card and/or e-mail (read Hotel Deals CAREFULLY for details and experiences with using more than 1 code). If you still want more than 1 code (such as for someone else, or another acct.), PM me with another e-mail address (1 code per e-mail PMed)

Below are a couple of extras I had. If you use, PM me so I can mark it used. You can get on the site (www.expedia.co.uk) and try applying and see for yourself what it does for the price BEFORE signing up, even. Their account creation is relatively hassle-free and of course they're as reputable a site as it gets.

BQ4W-0THK-5XK4-6KS6
9HWQ-V0VN-XP9J-WCC2

(Full disclosure: It's a referral program, so there's something in it for me, but that doesn't diminish what a great deal it is! My sixth sense says the "no minimum" or no-minimum-stay parts may get modified, so get those low-cost bookings nailed down soon!)

Last edited by RustyC; May 15, 2009 at 11:07 am
Old May 15, 2009, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
And a couple more codes below. Post or PM if you use.

It's better to PM me with an e-mail address so I can have Expedia send you your very own fresh one, as their e-mail also includes T&Cs, links and other useful info.

8D2K-N9W4-9V1F-LJNC
8RN3-HWLH-YB4T-9THB
Old May 15, 2009, 8:42 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Looks like a good deal, but try as I may can't seem to find a screen where to put in the code

After I choose my hotel, put in dates and all, goes straight to payment screen where no place exists for putting in coupon

EmailKid
Old May 16, 2009, 2:24 am

Programs: LH
I guess only hotels with an Expedia Special Rate can be used in connection with this voucher.
Old May 16, 2009, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The T&Cs exclude Hilton, Marriott and a few other chains, though a few have reported still being able to book in certain situations. The "I have a voucher" option needs to show...that's where you would enter it.
Old May 16, 2009, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Please, PM with your name and email address if you need a code!

If you PM me 5 email addresses, I will get you 5 codes!

Enjoy!
Old May 17, 2009, 6:19 am

Another unused Expedia 20/$30 off code

9PPQ-677W-EFGZ-VDZV

...is a fresh code that a FT member is welcome to use (I used mine to get a 3* hotel in Manila for 5.23!). Other destinations that come to next to nothing for 1 night include Vegas and places in countries such as India, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia etc.

Please PM me if you use the above code.

Also PM me if you would like a code e-mailed to you (all I need is your e-mail address). As you've probably seen from the other posts, any e-mail address is fine as long as you can access the email you'll get from Expedia with the code in it! Send me as many e-mail addresses as you like if you want more than one code.

You can only use 1 20 voucher per e-mail address and credit card.
Old May 17, 2009, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wow, the spirit of service and helping people out really shines through on this one! ^

Here's another code to try:

9CEJ-M4X4-1FRS-87MF

You can tinker with this and try applying the code to see what price you get before signing up an account. Also good to make sure the hotel you want is accepting, as there are a few places not participating.

You could even take a "nomadic" vacation (new hotel every night, maybe a driving tour of a state). Priceline tends to discourage that because of its $8-10 slug on top of any booking, but this is one of those rare offers that help with 1-night stays.

PM me with e-mail address for more codes (1 address = 1 code sent back). The Expedia e-mail has useful info.
Old May 17, 2009, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RustyC
Wow, the spirit of service and helping people out really shines through on this one! ^

Really??...IIRC the referrer gets a bounty after you use their code.
Old May 17, 2009, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sonofzeus
Really??...IIRC the referrer gets a bounty after you use their code.
I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. Though more referrers are wondering if/when something will show up.

Did I remember also to mention to everyone to PM me with an e-mail if you wanted a code? There. Done.
Old May 18, 2009, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

UPDATE: Did some tinkering to try out booking for future trips. Both types of vouchers max out at 1 night's cost on the stay, so if the hotel is a good bit less than the voucher amount (e.g. Las Vegas, Reno), it only deducts the one night cost (e.g. 12 pounds) rather than the full voucher value.

So, optimally, it's best for 1-night stays at places that charge as close to the voucher amount as possible (since they'll charge you the booking fee anyway).

It DOES stack with %-off offers or second-night-free or anything like that you can find.

It could also encourage "nomadic" trips (drive around a state, stay in a different place every night), which is a contrast to Priceline/Hotwire, where lots of 1-dayers would cost $8 or so each just in booking fees.

As always, PM me with e-mail address (can be junk e-mail) for your very own Expedia e-mail with code. I tend to be a night owl in time online.
Old May 18, 2009, 8:56 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by RustyC
I tend to be a night owl in time online.
Originally Posted by emailkid
Looks like a good deal, but try as I may can't seem to find a screen where to put in the code
Well, gave you the heads up as I was looking for a hotel in BKK for my last night before starting my new job in the a.m. @:-)

Gave up when I could not find a place to put in the code and stayed in my (currently) favorite hotel for a whopping 700 TBt with a/c (that would be about $20 US so you guys who don't keep track of currency don't have to look it up @:-) ).

Oh, and since you asked, yes the SWU cleared (at the airport a couple of times) for all segments And in UA's new Biz Class on NRT-BKK-NRT no less: UA's lie flat Biz seats

Oddly enough, mom emailed me pix of Singaporo's new A380, and no UA is no match, but the price was right

And since this is Budget Travel, the ticket was actually pretty cheap for one week advance purchase AND upgradable to boot. I did mention I start a new (sucky) job in the a.m., so this was my last chance for a getaway for a while

EmailKid
Old May 19, 2009, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Another one:

8EY5-1VPT-7T4C-14FP

It's better to PM me with e-mail address, though (1 address per code).
Old May 26, 2009, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Back from 4 days in North Dakota. Internet access of the non-wifi, Kinko's variety was thin on the ground in the western part of the state...sorry about delays getting to voucher requests during that time. Can do quicker turnarounds now from home.

As always, PM me with e-mail address to send code to. The e-mail comes from Expedia and has the code, links and other info. They promise not to send any spam if you don't use.
Old May 26, 2009, 12:04 pm

Here are some more codes. Use them on expedia.co.uk and use the voucher codes for 30 bucks off any hotel reservation, even for 1 night. PM Me if you need more. Use them before they are all gone.

B4J2-N60X-3R3K-XR8P
BSVW-RZM3-1HC0-MSYN
9CEH-C4CJ-QWRS-877P
CL9V-SC59-LQBQ-G00P
BQ4K-1T0E-YYK4-6KVG
9HWS-T0CB-6N9J-WCPL
B11N-4ZWV-VSQD-KXKZ
8EYC-QV2Q-474C-14YX
9FBG-E4GM-H3YP-GPNT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.