Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

www.wholesale-flights.com, any experience?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2007, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Just found this site, but can't find much buzz about it through Google. They have great fares, but are they legit?

They listed airfare for Orlando to Edinburgh in June 2008 for $500-600 by 5 major airlines, including Lufthansa and KLM. Usual fares for this are running twice as much.

I found one Craigslist listing by them, asking for people to be agents in their hometown of Burlingame. It didn't sound like a work-at-home scam, as it emphasized that an agent would need to be aggressive in sales and client relations. However, it could easily be one, too.

Any experiences or rumors out there? This looks to be a very new, but aggressively advertised company.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
This looks like two other websites, both based in California, as is this one. Run by some Russians, I think. It appears to be a bait and switch type of consolidator. After you enter your destination and dates it will not give you the price quoted, but simply list a phone number to call for the price (With a useless reference number). Then you will have to give the person who answers, your details all over again. The price will always be several hundred dollars more than the advertised price.
Dave
Old Sep 4, 2007, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks Dave - an example of 'if it looks too good to be true, it probably is'

Anyone know any legitimate consolidators that I might look into?
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:09 pm

1800flyeurope.com is recommended quite a bit.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 4:11 am

www.wholesale-flights.com, BAD experience

On July 27, I purchased 2 tickets to fly to Frankfurt from this company. They got the itinerary wrong AND they spelled my surname wrong. The itinerary was corrected but the tickets were not reissued with the name correction. After that, I had difficulty getting them to take my calls or respond to my emails. So I contacted the CA Attorney General to complain. A copy of my complaint was forwarded to the company. They responded (no letterhead, poor spelling) that they HAD fixed my tickets within 30 minutes of my contact telling them of the error. They had not. They still have not. I disputed the charges on my card. That is a nightmare too. The dispute went to the "airline dispute" department which took nearly two weeks to initiate investigation. The merchant is given 30 days to respond. They didn't respond so my account was adjusted BUT here is the kicker! The merchant has 45 days to recharge the account (presumably like an appeal or a chance to correct the problems). The 45 days will not be up until after my flight is scheduled! I have faulty tickets but if I rebook with another site, I will probably have to pay more since I'm closer to flying AND I might still be charged by the first merchant. My advice to all would be to stay clear of this firm. They have changed names of their website, addresses, and phone numbers. I googled the Igor Fishbeyn, the person listed at the AG site as the contact. He appears to be a young basketball "star" who didn't finish college.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Green Dragon

LINK>>
Old Sep 14, 2007, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Thanks Dave - an example of 'if it looks too good to be true, it probably is'

Google <www.bt-store.com> (Best travel store) or <asia.com>
Both are legit. Sometimes one will be cheaper, and sometimes the other.
Dave
Old Sep 15, 2007, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave
Google <www.bt-store.com> (Best travel store) or <asia.com>
Both are legit. Sometimes one will be cheaper, and sometimes the other.
Dave
Google a valid web address?
Old Sep 15, 2007, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by sonofzeus
Google a valid web address?
Sorry, I meant Google as a verb, not a noun. Just type in URL www.bt-store.com There is another website almost identical to this that will take you to a competing company. If you use Google you will be able to distinguish between the two. The correct one is "Best Travel Store we show you the world for less".
Dave
Old Sep 17, 2007, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Motradame, that is exactly the type of story that is important to relate, as it keeps others from making the same mistake. Thank you very much for sharing it!

Originally Posted by MOTraDame
On July 27, I purchased 2 tickets to fly to Frankfurt from this company. They got the itinerary wrong AND they spelled my surname wrong. The itinerary was corrected but the tickets were not reissued with the name correction. After that, I had difficulty getting them to take my calls or respond to my emails. So I contacted the CA Attorney General to complain. A copy of my complaint was forwarded to the company. They responded (no letterhead, poor spelling) that they HAD fixed my tickets within 30 minutes of my contact telling them of the error. They had not. They still have not. I disputed the charges on my card. That is a nightmare too. The dispute went to the "airline dispute" department which took nearly two weeks to initiate investigation. The merchant is given 30 days to respond. They didn't respond so my account was adjusted BUT here is the kicker! The merchant has 45 days to recharge the account (presumably like an appeal or a chance to correct the problems). The 45 days will not be up until after my flight is scheduled! I have faulty tickets but if I rebook with another site, I will probably have to pay more since I'm closer to flying AND I might still be charged by the first merchant. My advice to all would be to stay clear of this firm. They have changed names of their website, addresses, and phone numbers. I googled the Igor Fishbeyn, the person listed at the AG site as the contact. He appears to be a young basketball "star" who didn't finish college.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 10:27 am

DO NOT USE THIS wholesale-flights.com!

DO NOT USE THIS SITE! I tried to book a couple of tickets to China. They first told me both tickets were secured and made me authorize credit card payment. They sent me confirmation which I was able to locate on United.com website, where I also completed seat selections. Just as everything looked nice and dandy, they suddenly called me again and told me that only one seat was available because the flight was overbooked. I can either upgrade the other seat by paying a lot more, or cancel both seats and pay $100 cancelation fee. That was only 15 minutes later after I printed out the confirmation sheet. I told them to wait for 12 hours and see if any seat got released due to cancellation. And the next morning, I found the entire reservation gone from United website. Obviously there were additional seats but the agent simply wanted to squeeze a higher ticket price from me and couldn't do so . And now a day passed and airline ticket prices change by minute. Be careful of this simple old bait and switch trick. DO NOT USE THEM!
Old Apr 17, 2009, 6:55 pm

Wholesale Flights - keep away!

I have just booked a flight through Wholesale Flights (or Wholesale Travels) and they are the worst service providers ever! I was searching online and their website gave me a ridiculously low price and a phone number to call. So, I called and talked to the agent. He found me flights which cost much more than what the website said. However, those were still reasonable prices. Anyways, until I decided to buy the tickets the agent has not mentioned that they were charging for booking. I bought two tickets so he charged me $10 for each ticket. After I gave him my credit card number he issued the tickets and told me that there was an additional $25 issuing fee. I was never told about this fee before, so I got very disappointed. When I told him that he should have told me about this fee before he said he didn't know about it until he issued the tickets. Of course, I didn't believe him. Anyways, later in the day I checked my email to see my itinerary and when I opened my e-mail I saw an email from this guy (his name is Eric). He was saying: "Hey I just received an email from the airline; your ticket price has gone up by $50". In total, he charged me these fees which I did not know about:

1. $20 of booking fee
2. $25 of issuing fee
3. $50 increase in ticket price
4. $10 for issuing e-ticket

When I called them to complain, the supervisor that I talked to promised me that he was not going to charge my credit card for the $50 increase in price and $10 e-ticket fee, however he didn't hold his promise. They charged me for everything and they did not credit anything back.

Also, when I called them to complain about the "hidden fees", the supervisor told me the most unacceptable thing: "We are already saving you so much money, I don't understand why you are calling to complain about $25". I told him that it wasn't about $25; it was about feeling ripped off, but of course he didn't have the capacity to understand (his name is Ed).

They have no idea about customer satisfaction whatsoever. Be very very careful if you will ever do business with this company or simply don't do it!!!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 2:31 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Several bad reviews, and one glowing (from a first poster)? I smell something fishy ... or is it fake meat-y? SPAM!
Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:52 am

Programs: skywards, BMI, Qantas, Hilton honours
interesting

is it just me or has anyone else noticed a pattern with all the first time posters who hate this company? I have never used them and have no experience but something looks a bit fishy...
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, UA, AS, DL. HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Just as fishy, why would this thread lie dormant for a year and a half before a slew of noobs post reviews, be they positive or negative?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.