Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Deal! Private Browser & Student Travel Site

Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:42 am
Original Poster

I was looking for a low price on a flight for my college-aged daughter from the US/Boston to Brazil. I found a great deal, and want to share the strategy I used.

As an even bigger bonus, I then discovered that I was able to "upgrade" to the Comfort+ seats on the international leg of the trip for $109. extra each way. This gives 4 extra inches of legroom, and more recline. This flight is for my very tall daughter, and since the flight is 10.5 hours, I splurged. She will be kicking in some $ for the flight, but the upgrade will be a Christmas present. I've checked a few more times, and have not seen this deal again. In the future I will be using this strategy, 'cause you never know!

I hope that this strategy helps someone else!
    Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA MM
    I'm not sure this has anything to do with your private browser windows, etc. because I don't know all your details. But in practice there are always limited seats available in the lower fare buckets and they are released (effectively from the higher buckets but that concept may be meaningless really) in dribs and drabs. So it does pay to look far enough in advance that you are not in a hurry to buy, and keep on checking. Seats seem to get released overnight and I see some correlation with weekends, but that may just be because travel agents aren't up early working them as well.

Anyway, good job on getting a good (I hope!) fare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.