Wiki Posts
Search

SIN - ORD - EZE - SIN help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
SIN - ORD - EZE - SIN help

Hi! A friend needs to go from SIN to ORD and then to EZE. We've been trying to find decently priced tickets and it's been... challenging. Is it better to buy a multi leg or two separate tickets, one from SIN-ORD-SIN and another from ORD-EZE-ORD? Or even ORD-MIA-ORD and then MIA-EZE-MIA to take advantage of LATAM prices from Miami?

She has some flexibility in travel dates.

Arrive ORD latest Nov 14.
Leave ORD after Nov 22.

Wants to be in EZE for 5-6 weeks.

Lastly, she has relatives in LA, so, if there's a way to swing by LAX for a week after EZE, that'd be great too, but that's optional. I haven't seen good prices for LAX-EZE-LAX so I haven't really been focusing on that.

Any help would be appreciated. I've been poking at google.com/flights for the past few days and the best I could come up with was SIN-ORD-SIN and then ORD-EZE-ORD for about $2500. Anything in the around $2k range possible?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
This might be an itinerary for an experienced travel agent.

Don't rely solely Google Flights, there are a few fares it simply doesn't find.

You could look into an open jaw SIN-ORD/LAX-SIN combined with an open jaw ORD-EZE-LAX. There might be cheaper fares from LAX/NYC/MIA to EZE, so SIN-ORD / LAX/NYC/MIA-SIN + CHI-LAX/NYC/MIA + LAX/NYC/MIA-EZE-LAX/NYC/MIA could be cheaper.

Last edited by ritesa; Oct 14, 2016 at 3:52 am
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Use ITA matrix to get a general idea of what exists for these sort of complex itinerariers, then look on the airlines websites or online travel agents based on that.

There are also human online travel agents which will find you a cheap fare, such as I think flystein or something it was called. Google it. Quote them the lowest fare you found, and if they are X dollars under it they will quote you their fare and they will take some of the 'fat' they cut off the expensive flight.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:41 am

I think it is best to buy round-trip for SIN ORD and rest as separate trip.
1) you could buy a round trip SIN-ORD-SIN for around with Chinese Eastern airlines. Example if you return date in January already
2) For ORD -> EZE->ORD you would could get around
So in total you could it with ~2000$.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:46 am

regarding adding LAX you could do it with extra 200$ if you choose to first going to LAX and then to EZE.

http://www.momondo.co.uk/flightsearc...false&NA=false

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.