Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Cheapest ow flight from SE Asia to Europe/DXB/IST?

Cheapest ow flight from SE Asia to Europe/DXB/IST?

Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Question Cheapest ow flight from SE Asia to Europe/DXB/IST?

Hi to you all!

I am looking for the cheapest one-way fare between SE Asia and Europe, Dubai or Istanbul, either in Economy- or Business-Class...

So far I found a good deal on CEBU PACIFIC to DXB - but any other options? any ideas, alternatives?

ThanX ChriX
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Well you quoted a big region
Traditional airline wise:
TPE to IST has Turkish Airline
TPE to AMS(europe) has KLM(this flight originated in Phillipines and stops over in Taipei, so depend on where you want to board)

S.E.A. to DXB would be Cebu Pacific and Flydubai but they're on the LCC side. Nothing major but if you're looking for the cheapest, might want to weigh in the luggage charge.

Cebu Pacific is MNL to DXB
Flydubai is BKK to DXB

If you're looking to Europe as a general and flying LCC:
Norwegian Air(DY) flies from BKK to CPH or OSL, from both you can fly into Europe.

Since you're flying one way, might be worth it to look into LCC(no major oversized luggage of course)

Probably narrow down your origin and destination plus dates then look into the specific airlines?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:47 am

I took Air Asia X once from KUL to STN, which was ridiculously cheap (something in the order of 500 MYR with an upgrade to an exit-row seat). Alas, it's long gone. Now I'd say it'd have to be the Cebu Pacific flight you found to DXB, and then onwards with WizzAir to BUD (also check out FlyDubai to PRG or BTS, which is near VIE). This is assuming you don't have hold luggage.

Even cheaper than that, and if you're very flexible with your time, you could score a charter flight: I'd first check TUI Fly from BKK. There are many charter flights and no one central way to look for them, so it'd help if you said where exactly in Europe you want to get to.

Another option is, with all the overcapacity, some legacy carriers that have nothing else to offer have now been forced to significantly cut prices. For example, Air China recently advertised a discounted fare TPE-PEK-WAW for 15,000 TWD return (and I believe the price the other way was even lower at €360). At this price point you could just treat it as a one-way fare and never use the return part. One good destination to look for such deals could be ARN. With some exceptions, once you're within the EU you can get anywhere else cheaply if you book well in advance.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Ukraine International Airlines is also a very cheap airline, with one stop in kiev you can go anywhere.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In addition to TK, TG and MH seem to generally be lowering some fares.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:01 pm
MHG

Programs: BA, SK, Accor, Carlson Rezidor
This all is pretty pointless unless the OP does not specify from where he/she originates and where the ultimate destination is.

There are quite a few options but I (and I´m sure most others) will not give any advise without knowing between which points travel is required.
... and at least a rough time frame should be given.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.