Reload this Page >

overnight in LAX between J flights?

Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

maybe on the right section, but I have to make up my mind about the following:

I will be arriving from HNL at 11pm and flying on to JFK at 7am

My inbound flight is in first, the transcon in J, so I'll have comfortable flights/sleep before and after my night in LAX. And I have lounge access.

Question is: if I wanna spend those 5 or 6 hours in terminal 4, will this be allowed, or will I be kicked out? Or should I spend the 120 USD on an airport hotel?
Or is there a 24h lounge?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by fwerfel

My inbound flight is in first, the transcon in J, so I'll have comfortable flights/sleep before and after my night in LAX. And I have lounge access.

Question is: if I wanna spend those 5 or 6 hours in terminal 4, will this be allowed, or will I be kicked out? Or should I spend the 120 USD on an airport hotel?
Pretty sure there's no 24 hour lounge at LAX.

Pretty sure if you land at 11 p.m. and leave at 7 a.m. that is eight hours, so there would be close to seven hours between flights

Only you can decide if $120 is worth it to :-: YOU :-: @:-)

Of course by the time you do shuttle there and back you'll be lucky to get six hours of sleep
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:59 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

I think the only 24 hour lounge at LAX is the USO, but that's restricted to military.

Here are the hours of operation for each terminal: http://www.lawa.org/welcome_lax.aspx?id=5450

I believe they will kick everyone out after it closes so that the janitors can clean, but I don't know for sure.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+

On what earth does this belong in the BUDGET travel forum?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Bakpapier
On what earth does this belong in the BUDGET travel forum?
Well, we don't have any firm rules about what Budget Travel is all about.

Yes, it gave me pause, but my own self has paid $2K to fly to Europe in Biz only to take public bus to the airport in order to save $25 over taking a shuttle @:-)
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Well, we don't have any firm rules about what Budget Travel is all about.

Yes, it gave me pause, but my own self has paid $2K to fly to Europe in Biz only to take public bus to the airport in order to save $25 over taking a shuttle @:-)
Budget is just that: the cheapest option (that's still humanly bearable/possible). J or F flights are not budget by any means. Even though long flights in Y aren't the most comfortable thing, they are surviveable. So let's at least limit the budget forum to all things Y, low cost carriers, budget hotels, hostels etc. etc.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
http://www.sleepinginairports.net/usa/losangeles.htm
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

employer covers the flight, I have to sort out my accomodation. I don't have the same resources as my employer, so that's why I thought it kinda fitted here. Sorry if you think differently.

Now considering the car rental option mentioned in a different topic. But not sure where to drive to. Wouldn't wanna be robbed in the middle of the night
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:12 pm

employer covers the flight, I have to sort out my accomodation. I don't have the same resources as my employer, so that's why I thought it kinda fitted here.
^

Now considering the car rental option mentioned in a different topic. But not sure where to drive to. Wouldn't wanna be robbed in the middle of the night
IIRC there are several state or county parks along PCH or perhaps a hotel parking lot.

LAX area itself is a little sketchy - when work took me to SoCal used to spend many Friday nights there before my morning flight home (employer did pay for hotel).

Santa Monica is not too far away and is very nice, but IIRC they also have no street parking for a few hours overnight. Just for folks who would sleep in their vehicles
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

how about rent a car and go to a party that will run till morning?

never been to LA, so wouldn't know the first thing about partying in LA.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:41 am

employer covers the flight, I have to sort out my accomodation. I don't have the same resources as my employer, so that's why I thought it kinda fitted here. Sorry if you think differently.

What kind of employer pays for a J/F flight but not for accomodation during work related travel? I'd just speak about it with your employer.

how about rent a car and go to a party that will run till morning?

never been to LA, so wouldn't know the first thing about partying in LA.
That'd be a great option, but you can't drink a lot then of course. And maybe partying isnt the best idea if you are on a work trip haha.

Last edited by EmailKid; Sep 1, 2016 at 7:48 am Reason: back to back posts

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.