Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multi-City Travel SFO-LIH-CHC Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Multi-City Travel SFO-LIH-CHC Recommendations

Does anyone have any recommendations for the below itinerary? I've been doing a fare amount of research and have found a number of options, but nothing seemed ideal. I have United Platinum Status so star alliance is preferred. I also have 100k+ with both Amex and United if anyone has any partner recommendations.

December 8 - SFO to LIH
Ideal: United 8:45 AM nonstop $1,187 as a one way (22.5k miles)
-If I was starting in SAN or SEA this flight would be $225.... Some ok options on Hawaiin airlines

December 13 - LIH to CHC
Ideal: Early AM flight from LIH to HNL ($73) for the Air NZ 9:30 AM HNL to AKL then connect from AKL to CHC any time ($937).
-Hipmunk shows this route as $717 via BookAireFare and JustFly, does anyone have experience with these sites?
-There is a Jetstar option that is a few hours longer for $509. Any experience with Jetstar?
-I would love to book the Air NZ flight via United but it is $5K+
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Can you depart from OAK or SJC on AS' nonstop to LIH? If you can find lowest-tier award seats on the AS nonstop, a Coach award ticket would cost just 12,500 BA Avios. With the current MR ==> BA transfer bonus, 11,000 MR points would become 13,200 BA Avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.