Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Curated Cheap Flights Aggregator (HackTheFlight.net)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Curated Cheap Flights Aggregator (HackTheFlight.net)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Ok guys. Just a quick note to tell you that we have created two new categories for dutch and danish sites, and we have added some more sites to the mix. Enjoy!

- Travelfree (worldwide)
- Holidayguru, vakantiepiraten and weflycheap (dutch)
- Holidaytracker (danish)
- Travel4free (UK)
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:09 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
This is a great tool. I've had the browser notifications for a while now and even though I've not booked using it yet, I know it won't be much longer before the perfect deal shows up. ^
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Hey rhivolution!

Thanks for your message. Glad to hear that

Since my last post we have added also:
- Voyagespirates (french)
- Flynous (europe)
- Exbir (dutch)
- Urlaubspiraten (german)
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Just a quick message to let you know that we have included also some Brazilian and Italian sites:
- HolidayGuru (Brasil)
https://hacktheflight.net/category/brazilian/

- Piratinviaggio, Piratinviaggio and HolidaGuru (italian)
https://hacktheflight.net/category/italian/
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Some of you asked us for a dashboard view (where deals can be viewed ordered by website, and not mixed in a single stream).

We have just released our first approach. Feel free to take a look and tell us if you miss anything.

https://hacktheflight.net/dashboard/
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:27 pm

I just found the site and think it's great what you're offering.

I did have one question and one suggestion.

For my question, could you clarify what's the difference between a "Top Deal" and a "Hot Deal" on your site? My assumption is these two terms are actually coming from the external sites, but I wanted to ask to make sure.

And my suggestion would be I think it would be super useful to be able to see a particular countries' list of deals that originate and depart from it. For example, all deals that start or end in the US or Germany. I'd envision this display to be similar to what I see in the dashboard, where you've listed all offers by each particular site. Obviously, instead of listing by site, you'd list by country.

I am aware of the search function can be somewhat useful in this type of endeavor; however, it is limited in what it will return, based on the text in each post's title.

Last edited by briancw80; Feb 15, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Hey! Thanks for your post. I am glad you like the site

"Top Deals" is pretended to be a historic list of the most extreme deals, no matter when they published (eventually some of the deals in the list may be eliminated in order to only leave the best of the very best). "Hot Deals" is a pool of some of the most atractive deals that have been published recently.

The flow looks like this (kind of):

All deals >> Hot Deals >> Top Deals

Some of the deals make it to the Hot Deals category. And, eventually, some of the deals in the Hot Deals category make it to the Top Deals category.

The country based dashboard is something that definitely deserves a shot. We have been talking for a while about including a category with something similar to what you are suggesting.

Thanks a lot for for your request! We will try to prioritize it.

If you eventually feel you miss anything else. Just let me know

Take care,
Dan
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:30 am

Great page indeed, gives a quick overview from most pages. I also use trip2day.com for European deals
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion. We will evaluate trip2day and we will be including it to the mix if it meets the quality requirements.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:51 am

Are we missing out on deals?

Hello everyone, I'm new to this so please bare with me if I am posting under the wrong forum. But I seemed to search all over flyer-talk and hackthefligh.com and didn't see the outrageously unreal deal going on for Ethiopian airlines a few days ago. I posted the link below so you can see exactly what I am talking about. If you notice secretflying.com got word of the deal "late", and they only posted it after many private forums and blogs posted about it. My question is, where are these private forums and where are they getting their information? This deal was up since 10 am on March 5th, 2017. But many people didn't get word of it until about 2pm when secret flying posted it. The people who got the deal earlier that morning were upset that secret flying broadcasted this deal to "regular people", such as myself. I don't think that's fair for them to think that way... I want a budget flight just as much as the next person. Any ideas on where this top secret information can be found?
Click on the link... its unreal. Round trip Flights the Bangkok, China, Dubai, and south Africa for as low as $250

http://www.secretflying.com/posts/fu...282-roundtrip/
^
CLICK!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:04 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Driven562
Hello everyone, I'm new to this so please bare with me if I am posting under the wrong forum.
This was discussed in the Mileage Run Forum.

Just a note, newbies arent't treated all that well there
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Driven562
The people who got the deal earlier that morning were upset that secret flying broadcasted this deal to "regular people", such as myself. I don't think that's fair for them to think that way... I want a budget flight just as much as the next person. Any ideas on where this top secret information can be found?
Welcome (well, actually not really) the elitist clubs... where the "in the know" wants to keep the "plebeians" out. You see, the more people know about these types of things the less likely that they will be able to take advantage of them.

I like the hacktheflight website, looks decent and a free aggregator gets a big thumbs up from me. I won't be tied to such strict vacation scheduling starting this summer so I hope to be able to take advantage of these a lot more.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:54 pm

I could've used https.//hackthehotel.net last week.

I searched on the hotel site, google, wego, expedia, hotelscombined, trivago, lmtclub and ended up booking on hotels.com using a 9% topcashback link and a 10% off code.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:15 am

Great site Dan! Been signed up to the newsletter for a while and it's been useful.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Hey Carl!

Thank you! I am glad you are enjoying hacktheflight.net.

We are happy to announce that hacktheflight is getting even more useful. Yesterday we disclosed a new costomizable panel we have been working on. We named it "My Panel".

Thanks to this new feature, in addition to browse the default deal streams, now you can create and customize your own deal stream mixing those blog/sources you love the most.

Enjoy!

https://hacktheflight.net/my-panel/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.