Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights from AKL to SYD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Flights from AKL to SYD

I am searching for low fares from Auckland to Sydney on April 6, 2017 in late afternoon (4 tickets). I just came across Virgin Australia with 188.75 NZD seat and baggage.
Anyone can tell me what price is consider "Low Fare" for that route?
What is the right timing to search for low fare?
Thank you in advance for your advise.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:44 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Anything under NZ$200 is a good price. LAN sometimes have specials. April 2017 is a fair way off for this route which is served by at least 7 airlines that I can think of without trying.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:10 am

Programs: NZ Koru
NZ is currently going an 48hour sale with AKL-SYD/BNE/MEL for $159NZD Seat Only plus $20 for a bag.

These sales happen atleast every two weeks! The lowest typical would be $129NZD Seat Only, but these are short-notice e.g travel next week subject to space on upcoming flights.

The Tasman is tied up mainly by two Alliances, and handful others.

EK,QF,JQ
NZ,VA

Base fares on NZ,VA,JQ all don't include meals, drinks & bags. NZ has TV's in the seat backs, but TV shows are free on all tickets Movies you need to be on the Works or pay $10.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
recommend Grab A Seat

On the Air New Zealand site, sign up for "Grab a Seat". You will be sent daily specials - which frequently incl. AKL-SYD. I suggest you sign up now and monitor the "deals" for a few weeks before buying to get an idea of what is worth buying.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:45 pm

Sign up for Grabaseat and Jetstar's email list. I've been watching fares from AKL as well and have seen one on Jetstar recently for $119NZ. Keep in mind with Jetstar you'll have to pay for baggage, seat selection, etc.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Sign up for Grabaseat and Jetstar's email list. I've been watching fares from AKL as well and have seen one on Jetstar recently for $119NZ. Keep in mind with Jetstar you'll have to pay for baggage, seat selection, etc.
Pretty much the same with the same with Grabaseat (Air New Zealand), fares that include baggage/food an $50 addtional from lead-in fares.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF Bronze
The lowest I've paid for this route is 300 AUD return, seat only on VA.
But if you have any status (Silver and above) on VA, luggage is included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.