Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rural/countryside homestay search?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:01 am
Original Poster

rural/countryside homestay search?

I've found it awfully hard to visit the countryside in many countries, but it is what I want to do.
First off, there is the language difficulty. I usually don't speak the language.
Secondly, it is hard to search on a particular site, as I am looking at countryside in general, and most websites make you specify a location, like a city. If you want to go through a whole country I would have to punch in a million cities to find all the countryside places.

Anybody know of good sites?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:49 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
I have a feeling that will be a tough one to find.

Not sure how small a place you are looking for, but if it's rural enough there just not be that many places where to stay - well in part because not too many tourists / travelers go there @:-)
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:19 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Perhaps sites like AirBnB may turn up some countryside homestays. You could do a search for a town in the countryside and see what comes up.

WWOOF is another option. I know you aren't interested in working, but maybe you could contact the owners and see if you can rent a room.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cbn42
Perhaps sites like AirBnB may turn up some countryside homestays. You could do a search for a town in the countryside and see what comes up.

WWOOF is another option. I know you aren't interested in working, but maybe you could contact the owners and see if you can rent a room.
I was hoping there would be a general search for "countryside". But many countrysides don't have "towns". And it would only work depending on how large an area you can broaden the search to include.
All these websites are biased towards cities. There needs to be a version for rural areas. Sort of like farmersonly.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.