q re skipping a Greyhound segment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club

I'm wondering if anyone has experience skipping a Greyhound segment. I booked BOS-NYC-BOS for a group of students. Our plans have changed and we now want to take only the return bus NYC-BOS. If we skip the outbound BOS-NYC will our return reservation cancel like it would if this were an airline? Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
For the whole group or just a couple of people?

If for a group, you'd better contact Greyhound to make sure.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
It would be for the whole group. The problem is that Greyhound telephone sales are awful. And the group sales desk wont give me a straight answer because they want to upcharge me to formally change the tickets.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Just a data point - I skipped my outbound with Greyhound subsidiary Boltbus (SEA - YVR) and the return was honored with no intervention required. Both directions were priced separately via their booking engine, however - don't know if that makes a difference.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
Just a data point - I skipped my outbound with Greyhound subsidiary Boltbus (SEA - YVR) and the return was honored with no intervention required. Both directions were priced separately via their booking engine, however - don't know if that makes a difference.
Thanks for the data point. Anyone have experience with Greyhound only (no subsidiaries)? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.