Search

traveling - don't care where just cheapest

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

flying from TLV Israel
Old May 19, 2016, 3:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Putting "Israel to Everywhere" into Skyscanner.net and some random July dates yields a bunch of cheap fares.

Cyprus and Hungary top the list.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:36 pm

If you like to eat good food Visit Pittsburgh, PA they have a really good up and coming food scene
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Olivia1
If you like to eat good food Visit Pittsburgh, PA they have a really good up and coming food scene
Probably not a cheap short-notice flight from TLV!!
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Olivia1
I guess you didn't read the post just two up from yours...
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:20 pm

Anybody know if there's a way to just set "destination"? Not origination? I think that would be too complicated for a search engine though
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Anybody know if there's a way to just set "destination"? Not origination? I think that would be too complicated for a search engine though
I haven't tried it, but wouldn't ITA handle this? Just make your origin that long list of airports...

The fast and imperfect way is to search first on <destination> to Anywhere. Get your short list, and look at the reverse. As everyone will point out reverse markets aren't guaranteed to be the same, but in a lot of cases they are and you'd at least get yourself a short list to work from.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
I haven't tried it, but wouldn't ITA handle this? Just make your origin that long list of airports...

The fast and imperfect way is to search first on <destination> to Anywhere. Get your short list, and look at the reverse. As everyone will point out reverse markets aren't guaranteed to be the same, but in a lot of cases they are and you'd at least get yourself a short list to work from.
No, it can't. Because when you give ITA too many options it times out, and actually doesn't give you the best price. I'm not sure when it times out, as it doesn't tell you.

I'd also love if ITA can punch in a random return to see if a RT is cheaper (but they might get in trouble).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.