Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tix to Uruguay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Tix to Uruguay

Does anyone know where to buy budget tickets to Uruguay, I would like to fly from Europe, preferably from Helsinki.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:57 pm

Tix to Uruguay

I think only carriers from Europe are Air Europa and Iberia, from Spain. You may want to check flights to Buenos Aires, which may be cheaper. You then need to add the cost of a taxi from Eze to the ferry terminal and the cost of the Ferry.( at least 100 usd, but you can visit the city).
Finally you could check flying to Brazil ( Preferably São Paulo ) which has very cheap fares now, and connect to mvd ( 250rt)
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"I think only carriers from Europe are Air Europa and Iberia, from Spain."

Who said it has to be nonstop?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: FB Gold, M&S Gold, QF Gold
Tix to Uruguay

Airfrance, Tam, Aerolineas Argentina, Iberia,Air Europa, Lan. They all go from EU to UY.now Lan and Tam have a few sales going on.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:08 pm

Tix to Uruguay

Try Rome2Rio.com. It's perfect for such queries. Indeed it suggest flying to EZE as an alternate, and gives the transfer and ferry estimated cost and time.
http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Helsinki/Montevideo
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by ChangingNappies
Try Rome2Rio.com. It's perfect for such queries. Indeed it suggest flying to EZE as an alternate
Rome2Rio is indeed a good site ^

Interestingly enough, perhaps only ex N. America, but the reverse is often suggested as a cheap way to get to BsAs @:-)

For us Norteamericanos, we have to pay the reciprocity fee, which apparently can sometimes be avoided by entering via ferry. At airport, not so much
Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Check the US carriers. I usually fly down there on AA with a connection in the US (Miami) for considerably less money than direct flights. Requires ESTA, and the immigration/transfer experience can be a pain, especially on the return.
Also, it's a lot more time that you'll spend in an economy seat on airplanes... Tip: if you go with AA, sign up for their frequent flyer program. You'll earn around 20,000 miles even on the cheapest fares should you take the trip prior to mid- 2016 (when new rules kick in), enough for an intra-EU or -South American return award trip!

Also, what others have said: Look into flying into Buenos Aires and take a ferry /bus from there. There is no reciprocity fees or visa requirements for European citizens/passport holders. The trip is cheap, partially scenic and gives you an opportunity to see Colonia as well.

Check out Guru'Guay - a really helpful site with good, accurate info on this topic as well: http://guruguay.com/what-is-the-best...to-montevideo/
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The Uruguay routing via Buquebús Buenos Aires - Colonia del Sacramento offers continuation to Montevideo and other destinations by fairly comfortable bus. It's a good routing, and a day in Colonia is pleasantly spent. (It's not Cuba, but you'll see some interesting cachilas- older cars - there as well as colonial sights.)
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Remember that if you're buying a separate ticket from Brazil on to wherever, it can be very difficult to use a European credit card in Brazil. I go through one of the European OTAs, like expedia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.