Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Discount on Disney World Tickets?

Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have any tips for finding discounts on WDW park tickets? [5-day / No hopper or water parks].

I have seen the Touring Plans' 'Price Comparison Tool’ … http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-...ket-calculator

Though, I’m not interested in third-party ticket brokers. Any other recommendations to save money on legit tickets?

Also, I found the savings guide that Udemy just released summarizing various Disney World savings tips … https://www.udemy.com/disney-world-savings/

It looks like it shows how families took vacations to WDW saving 90%, with tips on souvenirs, time, food, flights, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:18 am

your links- ...?? u can't be serious

We've done 16 trips from NYC to Orlando to date, over the past 6 years, basically every school break. Next trip is our longest one ever, Dec.18-Jan.3, and costs $795/per all included. People who can't take two weeks, opt for Feb.12-21 at $595. Sorry can't help if u r not in NorthEast
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Disney just announced a plan to price tickets based on how crowded the park is expected to be on particular days. If this is implemented soon and works as expected, it should make tickets during off-peak seasons and weekdays (especially Tuesdays and Wednesdays) somewhat cheaper. I suspect it will be oriented toward locals who have the flexibility to pick single days when the crowds are smaller.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:38 pm

There really is no such thing as discounted tickets for Disney without a hitch. The best way I know of is to go on a timeshare presentation. That is what most people do (I know it is 2 hours of your time!) in Orlando, and if you see "discounted" tickets - that is why. You will most likely have to attend presentation.

I was just at Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Food and souvenirs are REALLY expensive. Plan on $100 per person per day! Ice cream: $4.50, Hamburgers: $9.95, drinks: $5.75, a meal for one person will cost close to $20.00. The Disney meal plans are a really great way to go for a family, but I think you have to stay at a Disney resort to take advantage of that. If you want to get souvenirs that aren't official Disney, the Walmart here has a great selection at a much lower price. There are also one or two Disney outlet stores - Theme Park Outlets (on the sign) that have a small selection of Disney things. Part of the fun at Disney though is shopping at the stores and buying things. It kind of depends on how many times you have been to Disney or if this is your first trip.

I would recommend looking at the Disney website and maybe staying at a WDW resort. They have "budget" accommodations like Pop Century and a few others. You can call Disney and they will help plan the trip with everything you need. It is an awesome experience!

I have seen the Touring Plans' 'Price Comparison Tool’ … http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-...ket-calculator

This was a Joke! There are no "savings" here!

Also, I found the savings guide that Udemy just released summarizing various Disney World savings tips … https://www.udemy.com/disney-world-savings/

This was another Joke! You have to PAY for the tips! throw your money away for worthless information that is FREE!!

Last edited by EmailKid; Nov 19, 2015 at 8:11 am Reason: Back to back posts on same subject
Old Nov 21, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: AAA
We are doing a mini trip and this is my plan to get a small discount.

Our area has a grocery store with a gas station. They give discounts off fuel when you buy giftcards. They sell disney gidtcards. Right now they have a special where if you spend $100 on giftcards you get 10 off your next shopping trip, plus $6.00 off a tank of gas, then I will use a credit card that gives 5% cash back. All in all the ticket to Disney will run approx $81 each.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS
Visit mousesavers or the disboards and you should find a wealth of money saving trips there. We visited WDW in May and had 5 day (non park hopper) tickets so we visited the sites a lot while planning our vacation.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:17 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by kyden
Visit mousesavers or the disboards and you should find a wealth of money saving trips there. We visited WDW in May and had 5 day (non park hopper) tickets so we visited the sites a lot while planning our vacation.
Mousesavers used to send out emails with some sort of discount. Maybe they still do.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:05 am

mousesavers (together with its undercovertourist) are just a proxy marketing arm for Disney Corp. The entire newsletter is fluff, and their puny discounts sugarcoat the over-charging realities, primarily in the dead off-season
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:54 pm

so that be known, there are dozens of authorized agents. Certainly, none of them quotes higher than undercovertourist
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jacksondisuja
I would strongly suggest buying from an Official and Authorized Disney Ticket Agent such as

www.undercovertourist.com
Yes this is a good site that often has slightly discounted tickets. Also check your AMEX offers, a few of my cards were offered a $30 discount when spending $150 at Undercover Tourist.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Yes this is a good site that often has slightly discounted tickets. Also check your AMEX offers, a few of my cards were offered a $30 discount when spending $150 at Undercover Tourist.
Now this is a different situation (if u can max out AMEX offer), then u may save some 20% the undercovertourist route. But without the AMEX offer: undercovertourist's profits will = your losses
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:45 pm

At first, I thought Working Advantage might give a leg up to federal workers , other than DoD, but the discounts UT provides are substantial and are hard to beat. Doubling up on the Amex offer and you're ahead of the game.

3-DAY MAGIC YOUR WAY ® TICKET WITH PARK HOPPER ® OPTION
2 EXTRA DAYS FREE! (5-DAY TICKET FOR THE PRICE OF A 3-DAY TICKET)
$339 + tax & fees = $372.04 (compared to UT's price of $321.95)

10-DAY MAGIC YOUR WAY ® TICKET WITH PARK HOPPER ® OPTION
$399 + tax & fees = $432.94 (compared to UT's price of $376.95)

Now if only UT sold DisneyLAND tickets, it would be a great deal.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by VaguelyAsian
Ha funny you say that. I emailed them yesterday to find out whey they don't.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by VaguelyAsian
At first, I thought Working Advantage might give a leg up to federal workers , other than DoD, but the discounts UT provides are substantial and are hard to beat. Doubling up on the Amex offer and you're ahead of the game.

3-DAY MAGIC YOUR WAY ® TICKET WITH PARK HOPPER ® OPTION
2 EXTRA DAYS FREE! (5-DAY TICKET FOR THE PRICE OF A 3-DAY TICKET)
$339 + tax & fees = $372.04 (compared to UT's price of $321.95)

10-DAY MAGIC YOUR WAY ® TICKET WITH PARK HOPPER ® OPTION
$399 + tax & fees = $432.94 (compared to UT's price of $376.95)

Pls edit the above to specify "(assuming $30 AMEX statement credit x number of qualifying AMEX cards)". The way u posted misleads people about UT prices!!

As to 5- or (god help someone) 10-day PARK HOPPER: u really think u'll enjoy so many days in PARKS queues? PARKS is not the only thing on 47 sq. mile WDW territory.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Ha funny you say that. I emailed them yesterday to find out whey they don't.
I'm no pro on Anaheim, but I read somewhere CA resale market supersedes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.