Wiki Posts
Search

ita Software Matrix Prices and Airline Reservation agents

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Hi
Does anyone know if airline reservation agents are obligated to ticket itineraries and fares shown on Ita Sofware Matrix?
I saw a fare from Fredricton, NB to Sao Paolo for an amazing $491 RT
The trip involves both Air Canada and Avianca, its partner. So I would think that Air Canada would be obliged to ticket it.
Does anyone have experience with Ita
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
I believe that ITA Matrix is just a fare search engine and not a travel agent. It follows that a journey found using it places no obligation on the relevant airlines.

Best thing is to take the information to a TA or book directly with the airline either online or over the phone.

H
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k

that fare had been mentioned in the Mileage Run forum and on blogs. you'd likely have better luck with an agent mentioned above or an OTA or even Google Flights. Of course, of the fare is still available... A quick check site it still there on ITA, but Google prices at $632 but on UA... good luck and let us know where you final book!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: United Silver
Originally Posted by jsohmer
Hi
Does anyone know if airline reservation agents are obligated to ticket itineraries and fares shown on Ita Sofware Matrix?
I saw a fare from Fredricton, NB to Sao Paolo for an amazing $491 RT
The trip involves both Air Canada and Avianca, its partner. So I would think that Air Canada would be obliged to ticket it.
Does anyone have experience with Ita
Thanks in advance.
No - not at all. This is just a tool to help find the best fares that SHOULD be legal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.