Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a cheap hotel near Basel Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Looking for a cheap hotel near Basel Airport

I get in about 8.30pm, and will be leaving the next morning. Just need a bed and a shower. The cheapest I could find online is Hôtel Balladins, but the reviews are quite awful.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Have you searched for B&Bs?

I don't personally know the area, but it looks like there is easy public transportation, with a bus stop right at the airport.

What date?

Romelle

Last edited by Romelle; Sep 15, 2015 at 10:54 am
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:34 am

We stayed a the Ibis in Saint Louis. A room for four people and parking for three weeks was 165 EUR. The hotel was quite nice by Ibis standards and also provided a free shuttle to the airport (shared cab with reserved seating).

There's also a super cheap Formule 1 hotel in walking distance of the airport. The concept of this hotel is to have shared showers and toilets, that's why we decided against it.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Beware the F1 in Mulhouse

Originally Posted by Alex71
There's also a super cheap Formule 1 hotel in walking distance of the airport. The concept of this hotel is to have shared showers and toilets, that's why we decided against it.
I'd already been in touch with the IBIS, so that's almost certainly where I'll be. The shuttle is a really nice touch.

Beware the F1 in Mulhouse -- not because of the shared bathroom concept, but because it just might be the worst hotel in Europe owned by a major, reputable hotel group (Accor).
The reviews are shockingly bad, and are basically a collection "don't stay here" warnings. Sounds like something out of an American ghetto.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Genouver
I'd already been in touch with the IBIS, so that's almost certainly where I'll be. The shuttle is a really nice touch.

Beware the F1 in Mulhouse -- not because of the shared bathroom concept, but because it just might be the worst hotel in Europe owned by a major, reputable hotel group (Accor).
The reviews are shockingly bad, and are basically a collection "don't stay here" warnings. Sounds like something out of an American ghetto.
Thanks, that confirms we made the right choice.

Our only complaint about the Ibis was that they added breakfast to the bill although we checked out at 5 am before breakfast was even open. They took them off without discussion though. Just make sure you check your bill.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:18 am

From personal experience (on more than one occasion!) I would advise you not to stay in the F1 hotel even though it's the nearest geographically to the airport. The Captain's Hotel in Bartenheim offers an airport shuttle ... but I've not been there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.