Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Cheapest/most sensible way from Santorini or Athens to MAD?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Hi guys,

I reach out to my fellow travel hobbyists in need of a solution. I will be in Santorini on 8/19 and trying to get to Madrid on 8/20 in the morning to spend two full days there. I see that basically all the flights from JTR (Santorini) have ridiculously long layovers to MAD (getting me there at night), so I thought one-way to ATH and then a separate one-way to MAD would work. But, even there, the times are awful and the flights are wildly expensive (granted, I am buying it late notice, but still!). So, I was hoping that someone might know some creative routing that would get me from JTR to MAD (even if not through ATH) as cheaply and quickly as possible to enjoy as full a day on the 20th in MAD as possible. If that means I have to leave very late on the night of the 19th, too, that works. Someone please help ! Thanks!

Francisco
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:16 pm

rome2rio /skyscanner says there's a perfectly reasonable Aegean flight via Athens at 6:40am getting to MAD at 11:25 with only an hour in ATH.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:25 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
franciscofeliz,

I see you cross posted this to Information Desk forum, and as cross posting is not allowed on FlyerTalk I am closing this thread.

~moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.