Wiki Posts
Search

Places to stay in Osaka, Japan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ, EK, QF
Places to stay in Osaka, Japan

As the title suggests, looking for somewhere to stay in Osaka for 6 nights....keeping in mind this is the 'budget' travel section. Thanks
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Osaka isn't nearly as expensive as Tokyo so you can get a good name brand hotel there for under $100 a night assuming single. (Japan charges per person, not per room... it's ridiculous I know but that's how it is here). If you're looking for a good place much cheaper, scour AirBNB, it's really catching on here, a lot of foreigners are using it to rent spare rooms or even whole places when they're away. A friend of mine rents a room in Tokyo for about $20 a night through AirBNB though it's a bit far from the city center.

I'd say last resort is a "guest house" or "share house" as they're called here. You'll get a private room in a dorm like floor with shared common areas and bathrooms, they're not much cheaper than a Japanese Business hotel so no need for short term I think. If you can't find anything on AirBNB that works then Business Hotels may work. They're tiny (think walk-in closet size) and reception staff probably won't speak any English. Some lock the front door at 11pm or 12am, make sure before booking of you're planning on hitting the nightlife.

A good site to search the Japanese places is Rakuten travel. Booking.com is growing rapidly here as well. Other sites like Expedia will show you the international chains and most of the local chains but not so many of the mom & pop local business hotels.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ, EK, QF
Thanks for the info dvs7310. The Rakuten Travel site is showing a few places that other booking sites were showing as 'sold out'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.