Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice for cheap fares to India?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Advice for cheap fares to India?

Hello! I'm new to mistake fares, so please bear with me. I'm looking for a cheap flight to India for this winter, but I'm not sure where to start. I've looked through matrix, student universe, hipmunk, etc. Does anyone have advice?

Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by dapperyoungman
Hello! I'm new to mistake fares, so please bear with me. I'm looking for a cheap flight to India for this winter, but I'm not sure where to start. I've looked through matrix, student universe, hipmunk, etc. Does anyone have advice?

Thanks!
Hi, welcome to flyertalk, we enjoy flying and travelling to different locations. However, we are not a travel agent. Regarding your request on cheap fares to India, where are you starting from, what fares have you found, are you flexible? You are looking at the right places. My only suggestion is keep an eye out on mileage forums, and see if something helps out. Mistake fares are awesome, however they are not always mentioned and you need to act quickly when you spot one. Keep in mind that mistake fares may not be honored all the time.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

I'm starting at DIA. I've found fares hovering around 1,000 usd. I'm flexible as far as the dates, it just has to be after Jan 3rd, and I'd like to get back at the end of feb or early March. A friend of mine is an avid flyertalk member, he scored a $366 flight from Houston to Mumbai last year, I'm super jealous! I'd like to stay around a month, maybe a month and a half- I'm willing to work with dates for a good flight.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Hi dapperyoungman- Welcome to FlyerTalk and to the Mileage Run forum. What arollins said is bascially correct, and we don't actually allow fare requests or help with a specific itinerary in this forum.

I will move your topic into the Travel Buzz thread, and encourage you to follow the discussion there. Keep in mind though, as arollins said, finding the best price from Point A to Point B is a job for a travel agent, an online one or otherwise, so just be aware of that as the discussion unfolds.

-18sas
Moderator, Mileage Run forum
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:42 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk dapperyoungman. I do believe that the most appropriate venue for your thread is the FT Budget Travel Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
There are lots of fun ways to get to India but none are that cheap. Perhaps the trickiest part is to get out of the USA - it can be hard to get a one-way ticket that is a good deal - most airlines want to sell you a RT.

A few discount airlines to check (tho all far from Denver). You might be able to piece something together. Getting to say Bangkok or KL and then scoring an AirAsia ticket to India is probably cheaper than flying direct.

Wow: $99 fares to Europe
AirBerlin flies to Europe out of Miami, etc, can be cheap
RyanAir: $10 fares within Europe - position for the FlyDubai
FlyDubai: Cheap tickets to India/Sri Lanka
AirAsia: Has $100 fares from KL/BKK to India/Nepal during their sales.

Good luck!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:33 am
Suspended

Try with different agents in your area and see what prices they give and finally make search online and see if you can get a better price. Sometime agents have lower prices than you can find online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.