Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Park for free at hotel and use a shuttle to get to airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park for free at hotel and use a shuttle to get to airport?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 7:35 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
There used to be (and possibly still is) a great free parking spot a short walk from LGW. I used it years ago, and was just leaving for the airport, when one of the residents in the row of houses opposite came running out.

I was expecting to have to defend myself in a "very sorry, but if you want them residents-only, you need to talk to the council, not me" kind of way, but actually, he just wanted to let me know that that spot often gets blocked in, so I might be better a little further along. Brought him back a few miniatures
Old May 28, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
I've done this a handful of times in DEN. Usually use a HIX and ride their shuttle. Never had any issues and its saved me a good chunk of money
Old May 31, 2015, 1:21 pm

I've done this near LAX and EWR in the past - though at EWR someone did try to break into my car. It was all with sanction of the hotel (and payment of a fee).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.