Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip to Graz Austria From Boston?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Trip to Graz Austria From Boston?

I have a friend who currently lives in Graz Austria, while I am currently about an hour outside of Boston. What would be the cheapest way to get there?

Currently through my own personal searching this is the best I could find:

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...o+graz+austria

It is 1142 for Boston to Vienna for an 11 day stay.

Ideally I would like to stay for 2-3 weeks.

I have zero experience with international travel so any insight or tips would be appreciated!
Old May 19, 2015, 8:47 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Um,

your search does not indicate a 2 to 3 week stay.

And June 2 is right around the corner, you are very, very close to two week advance purchase when prices only go up, and inside one week they go WAY up.

It's easy to get to NYC from BOS. I'd look for flights from NYC to VIE - train travel in Austria is easy and not too expensive.

ITA Matrix, among others, is your friend. I'd book as soon as possible to avoid prices going up even more.

And welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Since you mention zero experience with international travel, do you have a valid and current passport?

Worth a trip to your local library or bookstore for some travel guides. I personally like the Lonely Planet series, but there are lots of other fine ones. After you've browsed the options, maybe even buy one to take with you.

Bidding for your air tickets via Priceline might be an option if you are willing to risk early/late departures/arrivals.

That 1142 is actually a pretty good summer number IMO.

Romelle

Last edited by Romelle; May 27, 2015 at 12:21 pm
Old May 27, 2015, 8:08 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Just noticed you cross posted this to Information Desk, which is a FlyerTalk No No.

And since you are not getting many replies here anyway, I'll close the thread per FT rules.

~moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.