Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt Int Airport to Schweinfurt Transport

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Frankfurt Int Airport to Schweinfurt Transport

Hi, I will be arriving at Frankfurt around 11.15am, what is the cheapest, most convenient/direct way from Frankfurt Int Airport to the town of Schweinfurt.
Old May 6, 2015, 9:17 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Moving this from Budget Travel to Germany forum where this will likely attract more replies.

~moderator
Old May 6, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
Looks like about 2 hour train ride - www.bahn.com. A change in trains will be required which should NOT be intimidating.
Old May 6, 2015, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Cheapest, direct, and most convenient will not be the same!

You can take the train directly from FRA to Schweinfurt with a connection in Würzburg. It'll take about 2 hours and cost under EUR50.

You could also do a one-way car rental which would also take you about two hours. It's a nice drive but will cost you a bit more.

There may be a bus, but I doubt this will be convenient.
Old May 7, 2015, 3:04 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I would certainly take a train. If you book a few days in advance via bahn.de, you should be able to get a 29,- € Sparpreis ticket for the ICE to Würzburg and then onwards with a regional train in the direction of Bamberg for the short hop to Schweinfurt.

Depending on how save your arrival time is, the 12:37 ICE might be doable (arrival Schweinfurt 14:40). The next one is the 13:29 (Schweinfurt arrival 15:40). Sparpreis tickets are only valid for the booked ICE train. An alternative would be the regular priced ticket at 46,- Euro which is valid on every train.

Also if you have a contact in Schweinfurt, ask them if you should exit at Schweinfurt HBf (Main Station), Schweinfurt Mitte or Schweinfurt Stadt.
Old May 8, 2015, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
An alternative would be the regular priced ticket at 46,- Euro which is valid on every train.
Anther option (if arriving internationally and on a carrier that offers this arrangement) is Rail & Fly -- which lets you use ANY train. Lufthansa, by the way, charges EUR29 for this (if arriving on Lufthansa)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.