Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Beijing -> Seoul, Departure from Beijing What the heck?

Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Hello everyone!

I'm a student, currently studying in Beijing. And I want to go in Seoul, South-Korea.

But something is bothering me. I found a simple-trip Seoul -> Beijing for 90€ So the price is perfect. But when I try to find a Beijing -> Seoul ... it's something like 200€...

Is this normal??? A round-trip Seoul->Beijing Beijing->Seoul is less expensive (~120€)

So is it possible to take, One round-trip Seoul->Beijing Beijing->Seoul (Just to go to Seoul, so just take the 'return flight') and take the simple-trip Seoul->Beijing at 90€?

Or does anyone have tips/advices to make this trip? Beijing -> Seoul / Seoul -> Beijing.

Thank you in advance!
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Nedwor
Hello everyone!

I'm a student, currently studying in Beijing. And I want to go in Seoul, South-Korea.

But something is bothering me. I found a simple-trip Seoul -> Beijing for 90€ So the price is perfect. But when I try to find a Beijing -> Seoul ... it's something like 200€...

Is this normal??? A round-trip Seoul->Beijing Beijing->Seoul is less expensive (~120€)

So is it possible to take, One round-trip Seoul->Beijing Beijing->Seoul (Just to go to Seoul, so just take the 'return flight') and take the simple-trip Seoul->Beijing at 90€?

Or does anyone have tips/advices to make this trip? Beijing -> Seoul / Seoul -> Beijing.

Thank you in advance!
Not possible to take the return flight only. If you don't take your first flight, the rest of the itinerary will be cancelled.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Ow... god... Ok then. Thank you!

And there is no error? It's perfectly normal for them? I mean Seoul - Beijing 80€ and Beijing - Seoul 200€.

There is no other way I guess?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I don't have any knowledge of typical prices for those city pairs. But in general airline ticket pricing is based on demand, competition along a route, and other factors. The reverse of a given route isn't necessarily going to be the same price, nor will two one-ways necessarily each be half of a roundtrip.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:12 pm

beijing to seoul is always quite expensive. you could try from nearby like tianjin to seoul or tianjin to busan even, but with bus or train fare probably not gaining much savings. i contemplated the ferries back when i lived in beijing but didn't do it, don't know if they run currently.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

I tried to find a ferry but apparently the only ferry which goes to Incheon (Seoul) was cancelled in 2014. Don't know why. I will try to look tianjin. Thank you. So yeah, the thing is that everyone wants to leave Beijing so it's really expenssive and no one wants to leave Seoul for Beijing ? ^^

EDIT:
Like you said the ticket from Tianjin is less expenssive (190) but add the train and I will be able to gain less than 10€. :/

Last edited by Nedwor; Mar 22, 2015 at 10:40 pm
Old Mar 23, 2015, 3:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Nedwor
I tried to find a ferry but apparently the only ferry which goes to Incheon (Seoul) was cancelled in 2014. Don't know why. I will try to look tianjin. Thank you. So yeah, the thing is that everyone wants to leave Beijing so it's really expenssive and no one wants to leave Seoul for Beijing ? ^^

EDIT:
Like you said the ticket from Tianjin is less expenssive (190) but add the train and I will be able to gain less than 10€. :/
The fact that X costs more than Y does not support your conclusion that X is more desirable than Y in and of itself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.