Wiki Posts
Search

Get off Megabus Early

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Get off Megabus Early

Hi,

I can't see why there would be, but there's nothing stopping me getting off the coach at an earlier stop is there? I'll have a bag, but if they're going to segregate based on destination, I assume I can just tell them where I want to get off without showing the ticket?

I ask as for some reason, a bus from Washington to Atlanta via Knoxville is $15 whereas Washington to Knoxville on the same bus is coming up as $21 - not a practise I've ever noticed on Megabus before!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Get off Megabus Early

Hidden city ticketing !
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Hidden city ticketing !
Yeah, obviously it's been around on the airlines for ages - but this is the first time I've ever seen Megabus do it!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:45 pm

Just like with an airline, but easier with a bus, MegaBus could decide that they should transport the Atlanta-bound passengers as nonstop.

I presume this is unlikely, but I vaguely recall that such a thing happened on one of my Vancouver - Seattle (not MegaBus) bus trips with various stops.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
It's $6. I'd just pay it to make sure I get to Knoxville.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:41 pm

If it turns into a direct route it will cost you more than $6, and time, to get where you really want to go. One less value meal for peace of mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.