Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Can I skip a leg of my flight?

Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:33 am
Original Poster

I had to purchase a ticket from Palermo, Sicily to London Gatwick that makes two stops, one in Rome and one in Spain
I would like to leave Sicily early and go to Rome for a few days. Is it possible to pick up my flight in Rome. Is that possible?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by marciphoto
I had to purchase a ticket from Palermo, Sicily to London Gatwick that makes two stops, one in Rome and one in Spain
I would like to leave Sicily early and go to Rome for a few days. Is it possible to pick up my flight in Rome. Is that possible?
No, because when you don't show up for your first leg, the rest of your flight will be canceled.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC

it actually might be possible, depending on the fare class you are on, to change your first flight for free or for a fee. more details are needed...
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

please use the search function of the forum. You will find this question asked approximately once a week. the answer is always the same: if you skip a segment, all remaining segments will be canceled.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by Adam1222
please use the search function of the forum. You will find this question asked approximately once a week. the answer is always the same: if you skip a segment, all remaining segments will be canceled.
+1
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: Gold DL, Silver UA, Hyatt Platinum

Once a week? About once a day I should say.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:58 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by WillTravel
No, because when you don't show up for your first leg, the rest of your flight will be canceled.
This is the correct answer.

Originally Posted by Adam1222
This gets asked in many fora, and since it's been answered I will close this thread here in Budget Travel.

~moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.