Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Where to Buy Euros in the US because.....

Where to Buy Euros in the US because.....

Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by kemflyer
I flew into Prague last year. ATMs easy to find as you exit the airport. No brainer, this is the way to do it. Certainly nothing to stress over.
Agreed. In fact, as I recall, there are ATMs near the baggage carousels so you can get your money as you wait for your checked luggage.

I have a debit card from Schwab which reimburses me for ATM charges anywhere in the world. That is very helpful in Prague as you are much better off taking small amounts and not winding up with excess Korunas, which cannot be used anywhere outside the Czech Republic.

I also have a BoA VISA Travel Rewards card which I use for all purchases outside of the US. It not only does not charge me for forex, but I get points equal in value to 1.5% of my purchases. (Most places in PRG take VISA but AMEX is far from being universally accepted there.)

Last edited by EmailKid; Jun 9, 2014 at 1:22 pm Reason: It's Česk Koruna, therefore Korunas, not kronas
Old Jun 9, 2014, 2:15 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
SJU conveniently has Euro ATM's two terminals. It's a $10 fee to use them, but they're convenient. I'll usually withdraw 200 EUR before I leave, in case I don't sleep on the flight and I'm dead to the world on landing.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Needing 818.50 euro (in new crisp notes).

TD is not a great rate (950)
BOA is bad rate (970)
Travelex is a SCAM! (1020)

I need the currency in Iran, but am going via AUH and BAH there, but would rather have in hand to avoid risk of having NO cash upon arrival, since my bank cards won't work.

Anyone know of an ATM in the US that hands out Euro? Or worst case in BAH/AUH.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.