Budget Hotel in FRA and HAN Germany?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget Hotel in FRA and HAN Germany?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Thumbs up Promising choice

Originally Posted by Plissken
I second that, had 1 night stay theere was very ok..
Excelsior is definitely on my short list. I guess that rate would convert to USD$65-70 per night. Very reasonable considering location and breakfast. Thank you for the recommendation. I'm curious about what's in the mini-bar.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by sfx
btw. Prostitution in Germany is legal, and so are brothels.
And not all red light districts are sleazy.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Wink Au contraire

Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
And not all red light districts are sleazy.
That's an inference on your part. I didn't say that. I've stayed in the red light districts of Bangkok, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Marseille, Paris. Tunis, and Pattaya etc. and some of them are actually rather pleasant. Excelsior should be just fine, thank you very much.

Last edited by maltasr; Mar 9, 2014 at 6:09 pm Reason: additional information
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I have a similar price range to the OP and need to find a hotel to spend one night in July. I'm catching a 7:15am flight out of FRA the next morning so walking distance to the terminal would be ideal; however, I'm willing to stay near the Hauptbahnhof or any other station from which I can easily access FRA. My flight is on LH to MUC which appears to be out of T1 if that makes any difference to what side of the airport I want to be on.

Last edited by mattp1987; Apr 8, 2014 at 9:43 am Reason: Added terminal info
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I have a similar price range to the OP and need to find a hotel to spend one night in July. I'm catching a 7:15am flight out of FRA the next morning so walking distance to the terminal would be ideal; however, I'm willing to stay near the Hauptbahnhof or any other station from which I can easily access FRA. My flight is on LH to MUC which appears to be out of T1 if that makes any difference to what side of the airport I want to be on.
Local and long distance trains at FRA are closer to the LH terminal than the other one. AFAIK the only walking distance hotels are right in T1, notably the Sheraton/Westin (Starwood but I'm not 100% sure of the brand), which is excellent but expensive, and IIRC a Hilton which I assume would be almost as expensive.

If you decide to do trains, Mainz has good airport connections and, being a smaller city, might be cheaper in general than downtown Frankfurt.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Local and long distance trains at FRA are closer to the LH terminal than the other one. AFAIK the only walking distance hotels are right in T1, notably the Sheraton/Westin (Starwood but I'm not 100% sure of the brand), which is excellent but expensive, and IIRC a Hilton which I assume would be almost as expensive.

If you decide to do trains, Mainz has good airport connections and, being a smaller city, might be cheaper in general than downtown Frankfurt.
This is probably contrary to normal posts on the Budget Travel forum, but I think I'm going to book the HGI for the convenience. They have a prepaid rate of 89 Euros the night I need to be there. I wouldn't even think twice about it if I were traveling with the wife, but since I'm leaving her behind to travel Europe solo for a week under the great business deals from last week I'm trying to be as budget-conscious as possible. Still, I think a 30 Euro premium over a budget hotel that requires a train ride or shuttle is worthwhile for an early flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.