Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Bought 2 seats for myself on Bolt Bus, and was not treated well by fellow passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bought 2 seats for myself on Bolt Bus, and was not treated well by fellow passengers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:35 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Jesperss
so what do you do if there are no seats left and people are standing?
Moot point, people are not allowed to stand on long distance busses @:-)

Problem arises when there are pax outside with an empty seat inside

And I was the good guy today when a dumb European tourist only had a twenty dollar Canadian bill trying to get on a bus in Richmond, British Columbia (YVR), and bus driver told him coins only (as is the rule).

He was able to pay the fare and make the ferry where bus was headed, which was great as I don't normally carry change for $20, Canadian or US.

Oh, and this local bus was very much standing room only. I was lucky to get on when there were two seats left after I sat down And that was at the very start of the route
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Question: Can a non-fat person claim to be a "passenger of size"? If not, isn't this fit-discrimination?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:14 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by msp3
Question: Can a non-fat person claim to be a "passenger of size"? If not, isn't this fit-discrimination?
PoS is mostly used by airlines AFAIK.

Being mostly UA flier, I am most familiar with language they use, but am familiar with Southwest to know that in past they made pax of extra size purchase an extra seat, while they would not do that on an emptyisn flight.

In case of UA, it is right in the agent's computer, and seat would be purchased via EXTRASEAT, and reservation would be in name of LASTNAME, EXTRASEAT as passanger (LASTNAME would be passenger's last name.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
There are a couple of codes, I am not sure I have ever seen Extraseat, I have been booked as EXST when I bought two seats on Norwegian and it's one of a GDS code that indicates several seats and just one passenger (and must be on one PNR): EXST is Extra Seat. CBBG for Cabin Baggage, STCR is Stretcher.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Amtrak Select Plus
I think the trend toward selling extra seats is awesome. JetBlue has been offering it online for at least 6 or 7 years now. You choose 2 pax then when it comes to the ID section, for the 2nd ticket a selection says Extra Seat. You don't have to be fat, you just want some space. As chx mentions above, the boarding pass shows EXST. For domestic flights under 3 hours it I find it as good as First and often much cheaper. It especially nice on a fully booked flight.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:38 pm

If you pay that shouldn't be a problem. It's your right to use 2 seats. But unfortunately companies have yet to make this practice easier on the users.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.