Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever flown on Pegasus Airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2013, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Yes but they have Burger King!! (This is part of the appeal of SAW for me - really)
Old Dec 8, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Miles & Smiles (TK0) and others
I'm finishing up booking the rest of my itinerary going to IST - AYT on 2/5 - 2/15.

It looks like I'll be taking Atlasjet to AYT and Pegasus on the return trip due to arrival time and departures. Is it possible to get to Sultanahamet or Beyazit from SAW? I see there's a shuttle that goes to Hasanpasa from SAW. I'd rather pay a single fare and no transfers instead of taking the ferry then the train.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by NYTA
Yes but they have Burger King!! (This is part of the appeal of SAW for me - really)

forgot about it! thanks.
could be a student-budget friendly solution too :-)
food in iran won't be very expensive anyway i guess
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NYTA
Burger King and Mc Donalds prices in Turkey are almost twice as expensive at the airports than anywhere else!! A Mc D menue could cost almost the same as the cheapest ADB-IST ticket!!,and this is no excegeration!! Some other places might be relatively expensive by Turkish standards,but they do not up their prices just bcs its in the airport. I hate this practise and try to avoid bying anything as a principle.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Anyone else fly Pegasus of late? I may use them either from FCO to AYT in Nov/Dec or ATH to IST in August.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:28 pm

They were perfectly fine for a TLV-MAD flight in January. On time, and nothing about them stands out much in my memory (which is usually a good thing when it comes to budget airlines).
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Thanks. I am leaning that way.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

I flew them again a few weeks ago and they were fine. Just remember that like the other LCCs you'll have to pay extra for food and a reserved seat.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:33 am

It's a normal low cost carrier; my expectations are always low and I'm seldom disappointed. They have a new modern fleet. Perfect for short hops as you may not get much more flying a more expensive airline. Great coverage of destinations too.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:13 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Does Pegasus Hava Yollari serve free meals?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Does Pegasus Hava Yollari serve free meals?
No but you can buy them on board or reserve before your flight to guarantee availability. The meals for purchase are quite good, however.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:34 am

Hi All,

Flying Pegasus for the first time next week: AMS-SAW-KHI. Would appreciate if anyone has flown recently? :
  • If I buy a pre-purchased meal, and when in the plane, find an empty row to move to (covid), would that be a big fuss for them to sort out my meal ?
  • Are they really enforcing 1 carry on item ? So just a trolley allowed and no small rucksack (laptop) ?

The pre-purchase meal options in the app do look quite good and priced OK. But I rather have the flexibility to move to an unoccupied row, than a better meal option..

Thanks a super lot!.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
With Pegasus, put your expectations VERY, VERY low and maybe you won't be disappointed.

Recent experience on my first (and also last) flight with them

Pricelist states two prices (I think CC payment is cheaper) - so I give the FA my CC, she wants to charge the higher price. How so? "The terminal cannot charge the stated price" I suspect some monkey business, so offer a 20€ note instead of the CC FA: "We have no change, you'll get your change at the end of the service" ME:"How will you have change at the END of the service if yo don't have any in the middle of it?" At this the FA just snatched the tray away,

As for your question - changing seats will definitely confuse them. Don't pre-order anything.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
With Pegasus, put your expectations VERY, VERY low and maybe you won't be disappointed.

Recent experience on my first (and also last) flight with them

Pricelist states two prices (I think CC payment is cheaper) - so I give the FA my CC, she wants to charge the higher price. How so? "The terminal cannot charge the stated price" I suspect some monkey business, so offer a 20€ note instead of the CC FA: "We have no change, you'll get your change at the end of the service" ME:"How will you have change at the END of the service if yo don't have any in the middle of it?" At this the FA just snatched the tray away,

As for your question - changing seats will definitely confuse them. Don't pre-order anything.
WilcoRoger, thank you super very much for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Pegasus seem to have prices round 50% of the other options so I decided to try them out and going in expecting just a seat to plonk into, and hoping and praying to the Gods of aisle seats..

Also read the reviews stating they unable to charge CC prices and insist on cash.

Thanks a lot, will not pre-order then .. Makes sense, they might just hand it over to whoever is sitting in my seat at that point ..
Old Jan 26, 2022, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The other day Pegasus was a bit of a saviour. TK had cancelled almost everything to IST/SAW due to snow, but PC operated, with a small delay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.