BoltBus starting PDX-SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BoltBus starting PDX-SEA

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
BoltBus starting PDX-SEA

Per the Oregonian. 4 r/t daily. While I love the Amtrak Cascades on this route, this may be an option on days when the train I need is sold out.
Old May 1, 2012, 9:33 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Nice to see them spreading out. Wish they would come to Texas @:-)

EmailKid
Old May 2, 2012, 12:08 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Fares loaded, starts on 5/17. Through 5/21, looks like all fares are $1 each way (+ $1 transaction fee). $6-10 fares each way on other days. Don't think the train can match that.
Old May 2, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
And SEA-Vancouver?
Old May 2, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Anyone use BoltBus in the SEA/PDX area to trick up better fares?
Old May 2, 2012, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Palal
And SEA-Vancouver?
I'd love to see more options, but here are the cheapest ones:

QuickShuttle - with the Entertainment Book coupon of 50% off, you can get $48/2 = $24 round trip from downtown Vancouver to downtown Seattle.

Greyhound - advance purchase, you can get a $15 one-way ticket.

Amtrak sometimes has a 2-for-1, in which case, it would be 2 for $40 (typically), on either the bus or train.
Old May 4, 2012, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Palal
And SEA-Vancouver?
Yes on their website https://www.boltbus.com/wherewetravel.aspx it said there is SEA-Vancouver, but how to book it?

Thanks OP I just booked SEA<->Porland!^
Old May 7, 2012, 12:14 am

You could grab 8 $1 fares and get a free Bolt Bus ticket anywhere Bolt goes. So basically it'll cost $8. I'm going to do this and eventually use it to get a Bolt Bus ticket in the northeast. Unlike mileage runs, you don't need to ride the bus back and forth to get the points.

If it were an airline offering a deal like this, we Flyertalkers would jump on it!

I wish Bolt Bus would offer similar services between cities about 200-300 miles apart. That's the sweet spot in which flying won't save much, if any time, it's a long drive, Amtrak is super-expensive or non-existant. It doesn't have the social stigma of Greyhound and can attract a better clientele. A few city pairs that would be good for this: LA-Vegas, LA-San Diego, NY-Pittsburgh, Chicago-Milwaukee, St Louis-Kansas City, Miami-Orlando, Charlotte-Atlanta
Old May 14, 2012, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by WillTravel
I'd love to see more options, but here are the cheapest ones:

QuickShuttle - with the Entertainment Book coupon of 50% off, you can get $48/2 = $24 round trip from downtown Vancouver to downtown Seattle.

Greyhound - advance purchase, you can get a $15 one-way ticket.

Amtrak sometimes has a 2-for-1, in which case, it would be 2 for $40 (typically), on either the bus or train.
Yep, Boltbus is bookable 4x daily in June now.

Pretty crazy with now:
4x Cantrail $40 (also sold as Amtrak bus)
8x QuickShuttle $43
5x Greyhound $14 and up
2x Amtrak $38
4x Bolt $1 and up

I wonder if Cantrail and QuickShuttle can make it just on their airport service. I guess we'll see.
Old May 14, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
Anyone use BoltBus in the SEA/PDX area to trick up better fares?

Not sure what you mean by this...
Old May 14, 2012, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by nd2010
I wish Bolt Bus would offer similar services between cities about 200-300 miles apart. That's the sweet spot in which flying won't save much, if any time, it's a long drive, Amtrak is super-expensive or non-existant. It doesn't have the social stigma of Greyhound and can attract a better clientele. A few city pairs that would be good for this: LA-Vegas, LA-San Diego, NY-Pittsburgh, Chicago-Milwaukee, St Louis-Kansas City, Miami-Orlando, Charlotte-Atlanta
Interestingly megabus has tried go get in on these. Since they have a pretty similar business model it seems like they're not all that viable:
LA-Vegas megabus gave it up. There are dragon buses, though.
LA-San Diego megabus gave it up but its run by the Mexican-American $1 bus Curcero.
NY-Pittsburg megabus is still on it and has a hub in Pittsburg
Chicago-Milwaukee service used to be frequent but now its only as part of Chicago - Minneapolis runs a couple times daily.
St Louis - Kansas City was never frequent but is still run by megabus.
Miami - Orlando there's Argentinia-American RedCoach
Charlotte - Atlanta megabus recently started
Old May 14, 2012, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by fairviewroad

Not sure what you mean by this...
This, using the Boltbus loyalty program:

Originally Posted by nd2010
You could grab 8 $1 fares and get a free Bolt Bus ticket anywhere Bolt goes. So basically it'll cost $8. I'm going to do this and eventually use it to get a Bolt Bus ticket in the northeast. Unlike mileage runs, you don't need to ride the bus back and forth to get the points.
Its a milage running site after all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.