Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Toronto to San Diego

Toronto to San Diego

Old Apr 6, 2012, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Toronto to San Diego

So im planning a trip from May 23rd to June 6th.

Ive been looking at prices lately and United prices dropped from $580 to $525 and today to $483. its almost a $100 over a week. Do you guys think it will drop even more?

also Air canada prices dropped from $580 to $530ish.

Wonder why the price drops, any idea?

And also is there any other websites i should check to get good deals?

im using ITA software by google
Old Apr 6, 2012, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Well,

if you don't mind a bus to BUF, you can probably get a cheaper fare from there. A couple of threads in BT forum on this.

Prices go up and down, but generally speaking go up as travel date approaches. If you book on united.com as a MP member you should be able to cancell your ticket within 24 hours, or you can use FareLock in case you think fare may drop some more but are afraid it will go up.

EmailKid
Old Apr 6, 2012, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

What's a MP member?
I wanna avoid the drive to buffalo but it is a good idea.

Also I travel I San Diego at least 4-5 times a year. Is it beneficial to stick with one airline or sign up for some sort of a program?

Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by realgm
What's a MP member?
United Mileage Plus - it's the name of their frequent flyer program
Old Apr 8, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by realgm
Also I travel I San Diego at least 4-5 times a year. Is it beneficial to stick with one airline or sign up for some sort of a program?
Yes, a good idea to sign up for a program or three. Any of the airlines that serve routes you fly. With your amount of travel it probably is better to just seek the best price each time, rather than sticking with one airline.

Generally, miles earned don't expire and a free domestic ticket starts at about 25,000 miles. Sooner or later you'd earn one.

If you like the idea of the benefits from earned status (United's Mileage Plus program and others), you would probably have to do an extra mileage run or two each year to keep yourself in the low tier. You'd also have to stick with one airline, and occasionally that would cost you a few $$. Your choice.

Romelle

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.