Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying outward with one airline, flying back with another

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2012, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Flying outward with one airline, flying back with another

I'm planning to go to Benicassim Festival this year with some friends, and me and a mate are arriving in Spain a little later than everyone else. I've done some calculations and I've found that it is a lot cheaper to fly with Ryanair on the outward journey, and to fly BMI Baby back - including luggage both ways, it will come to £115 per person as opposed to £130+ if we went with just one airline on a return flight.

To put it bluntly, can I do this? Can I fly with one airline going out, and another going back? On the BMI baby website, it's automatically gone into euros thinking I'm a spanish citizen (because I'm flying 'outward' from there).

I just wanted to make sure before I bought any flights, and then not being able to get back.

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 4:37 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Sure, it's done all the time. Flying Ryanair makes it a bit of a pain, but if you are prepared to deal with them, have at it (See Ryanair threads in this forum @:-) )

EmailKid
Old Jan 23, 2012, 4:52 pm
Bukhara

Last edited by Bukhara; Jul 23, 2012 at 3:11 pm Reason: Pondering

Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No problem w. OW / but BMI originating overseas?

As a theoretical matter, there's no issue of any kind in flying as many carriers as you want to cover the route you want.

In this limited circumstance, I'm not sure I'd originate on BMI overseas to save 15. If routes / schedules changed, you are a new pax originating and you can spend 15 on food, hotels & alternate transportation pretty quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.