Reload this Page >

O/w to Aust from PPT possible? Advice needed

Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ba exec club, aeroplan, flying blue

Hi, I need advice...
I'm trying to get from Tahiti to SYD on points if possible but low fares would be ok, too. I'm a Canadian on my way to Indonesia after SYD so I'd like to go o/w. I do not seem to be able to find this/book it with Star Alliance. It says fare not allowed but I don't know what is not allowed. I'm not sure if I"m allowed a one way ticket to Australia as there are contradictory rules out there about this. Ideally, I will not have to backtrack just to get a return ticket but instead get a singe one-way from PPT possibly through another island, on to SYD and on again to DPS, although that last segment may have to be on a different ticket.

Any ideas on how to go? Award tickets seem to have disappeared. I have points with BA and AC to use on one world and Star Alliance. I have the KVS tool but I"m not finding any luck.

ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Your BA Avios won't do you any good: the only oneworld carrier that currently serves PPT is LA to IPC and SCL.

How about redeeming your Aeroplan miles to redeem on NZ PPT-AKL-SYD (if that routing is permitted)?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ba exec club, aeroplan, flying blue
Thanks Guv. Yes I'm finding no availability for the dates I want (within 7 specific days). It looks like I can pay to get to NOU or NAN and get an award ticket from there, although it may not be worth paying - $160 from NOU to SYD it seem at at least it's the lowest fare showing up on KVS - it may be sold out or unavailable at that rate in reality.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.