Search

New "Backpacker Cheatsheets" available from guidegecko.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
New "Backpacker Cheatsheets" available from guidegecko.com

I came across this information in International Travel News: GuideGecko.com has come out with "Backpaclker Ceahtsheet" PDF two page concise itineraries / guides targeted to backpackers covering eleven countries - presumably more to come. http://www.guidegecko.com/backpacker-itineraries is the place, free is the price.

Available Itineraries in Asia:
Bali
Burma/Myanmar
Cambodia
Indonesia
Laos
Malaysia Singapore
Thailand
Vietnam
Nepal (coming soon!)
Tibet (coming soon!)
Available Itineraries Australia/New Zealand:
Australia
New Zealand North Island
New Zealand South Island (coming soon!)
Pending Itineraries in South America:
Bolivia (coming soon!)
Chile (coming soon!)
Ecuador (coming soon!)
Peru (coming soon!)

Full disclosure: I am a lifetime subscriber to ITN; you can get a free sample issue of ITN. ITN has no relationship with GuideGecko I know of.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:06 pm

Thank you very much for the info. I downloaded them all.
How do you like guidegecko.com ?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:59 pm

delete

Last edited by jasonkevin77; Aug 16, 2019 at 9:55 am Reason: delete
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Just nice for me as I am planning a Backpacking trip to Vietnam next April.

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:18 pm
Suspended

I'm sorry the two I've downloaded (Bali and Vietnam) are utter crap. Stay at Devi's warung before Dreamland gets overdeveloped? Dreamland's been dead for several years - see this story if you haven't been:
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...dreamland.html
They demolished all of the warungs in 2008 and built a massive promenade and new multi story restaurant then renamed the beach "new Kuta"

They need fresh info and more of it, instead of a thin aping of the best guidebook "SE Asia - the graphic guide"
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:47 am

Programs: various
I agree with RappitHole--I took a look at their offerings for places that I'm quite familiar with (which is most of the Asia guides), and these things aren't much value. Guess you get what you pay for.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Talking

I'm doing much of the same "backpacking" style travel just without the actual backpacking part (no hostels) and I found the best guides are either locals or other travelers already living in the places I visit... whether in Asia or now in New Zealand

the best way to make those connections is via CouchSurfing... not an advertisement for them, more of a "this worked for me" plug

I know of quite a few businesses that stemmed out of the CS idea, many of them sell itineraries... but why pay when you can more or less tailor your own itinerary based on the contacts you make... best part the locals can join you and guide you around in pretty much all of the places you visit. Just go with an open mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.