Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

business class consolidators

Old May 18, 2011, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I'm new to this site, so excuse me if I'm not posting correctly.

Has anyone used one of the Buriness class consolidators such as cook travel, regal wings, executive class travel, wholesale flights or any other companies? I did see a post on wholesale flights, but none of the others.
thank you
Old May 18, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: most of them
I have used Access Fares (www.accessfares.com) and liked their service. They worked with me back and forth for some time trying to find something that worked for me. Most of their choices to SE Asia from Washington seemed to be on UA and KE. Ultimately I had them book my on QR out of JFK with a short connecting flight from IAD. The fare was widely available and not a consolidator fare, but they are basically a travel agent so they can book any flight. There was no fee or anything.

I would use them again if I didn't have enough miles for an award.
Old May 18, 2011, 6:00 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by glennaa11
The fare was widely available and not a consolidator fare, but they are basically a travel agent so they can book any flight. There was no fee or anything.
If it was a published fare you obviously got miles. Do you know if their other fares earn miles, EQMs in particular?

EmailKid
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:30 am

My Wholesale Flights Experience

*****STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY!!!!!!***** I WILL MAKE THIS SIMPLE. This company operates at the risk of YOU losing your flight and ruining your vacation or trip. They win 90% of the time or more, but if you check BBB, you will see several "customers" have had that happen and the company refunds their money. Somehow, when I purchased what I thought was a "ticket," I received an email from Delta for $129.30 and 245,000 Sky Miles!!! I don't have Sky Miles so somebody else's account transferred those miles to me, charged my AMEX for the Delta fees, then a hefty nearly $6000 for 245,000 points. People ask if they sell points, well, indirectly they sure do and I set out to prove it. I demanded a refund and the owner/COO offered me $2000 IF, IF, IF and ONLY IF I removed any negative comments and left positive ones in their place....He also threatened to sue me for defamation of character for leaving my comments IF I took him to court. I have not said a word that I can't back up with proof, so if that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about this company, then I don't know what does. IMO, it seems I'm being paid off to remove negative comments and leave false positive ones int their place. I could be wrong, but it sure does feel that way to me. IF you're feeling lucky go ahead and book it with them, if you're not, then suck it up and just go in economy. At least you know you will get on the flight and not have your ticket cancelled. Side note, I tried resolving it directly with the company directly, now it is with the BBB and next will be court. Look elsewhere if you want quality customer service, a real ticket (not a hidden award ticket that they shuffle miles around and then charge you ridiculous amounts.) Not to mention unscrupulous representatives that lie to you. My so called "agent" promised me he wouldn't book the flight without my final consent....well, you know how that went and shame on me for giving my cc #. I just thought it was to hold the ticket since he said I had a time frame in which to lock that fare in. High pressure sales tactics, bait and switch fares and despite what their website claims, they DO NOT HAVE EXCLUSIVE CONTRACTS WITH ANY AIRLINES!!!!! That statement is a flat out lie and it baffles me how they can leave it up there. Also, simply by using their site, your are agreeing to what is called a browse wrap (check Terms and Conditions at the bottom of their site.) Furthermore, they claim they occasionally "gift" customers points/miles. Anyone knows you can't gift miles to strangers and a customer is still a stranger and you can't gift miles.....Do your homework, check the BBB complaints, resolutions and do a general search on forums and other people's horrible experiences. NOT WORTH THE RISK!!!! STAY FAR AWAY!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.