Reload this Page >

Next Stage Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Next Stage Travel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:04 pm

This isn't "YGWYPF". What "YPF" is a trip for two for $99. What "YG" is a trip for two for $99 plus another $600. Yeah, you can say "read everything", but the fact is that the deal is not marketed as "trip for two for about $700", it's marketed as "trip for two for $99".

It may not be false advertising, but it's pretty close. (Like, for example, their suggesting that you buy several to "multiply the savings", and then saying that it's "not valid for group travel".)

Originally Posted by yetidawg
Hi everyone,

I've been seein this offer make the rounds on a couple different daily deal sites, and I gotta say, I'm a little wary. However, I also think I'm smarter than the average bear so I thought I'd give it a shot. I think I'm at step....3 of the process? It looks like Next Stage (Now Next Stage Promotions) has streamlined the process a little. There was no $65 booking fee, and all the other fees were explained on the offer page. But lets be real. Does anything think they're gonna get to fly roundtrip to Orlando or Vegas with a friend from anywhere in the country and stay 2 nights in a hotel for under a hundred bucks? I can't even fill my gas tank for less than 50. So here's what I did:

Saw the deal on KGB, READ EVERYTHING, and bought it for $99
Got a voucher from KGB to redeem after the deal closed (weird)
After a couple of weeks or so I got another e-mail from next stage with another code
Submitted THAT online with passenger information and travel dates
Got an e-mail from Hotel and Air a couple days later with hotel info, flight times and overages
Flight seemed a little high but I couldn't do a whole lot better on my own for the dates I wanted.
Confirmed itinerary and paid the overages, now I'm just waiting to fly!

After all the taxes, fees, and overages, plus the flight and hotel credit, the total cost of my trip was $697.94. A non-stop flight from Atlanta to Vegas was already over $400 per person when I looked on my own, and that doesn't include the hotel cost. So it's a few extra hoops to jump through, but so far I feel like I got a decent deal. My advice: read everything. If you don't like it, don't buy it, but don't get all pissed about it.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by NextStage
Hello. This is Bobby from Next Stage. It is strange. I have noticed many comments on this page were speculative. Meaning, these are from people who never used our product. With that said, I want to clear some things up. We are a member of the BBB. Las Vegas Chamber and IMA. About a year ago when this thread began, we had to retailers that did not disclose everything as they were supposed too. This caused a huge amount of issues for us. Since then, we require disclosure, or they cannot advertise our product. We are not a PONZI scheme. That is an investment fraud term used that does not even make sense.
We now have upgraded our site, added customer service reps and anew customer support system. We value every customer.
Plenty of bogus companies are members of the BBB. Why does one need to fill out so many "coupons" to different companies to redeem the deal?
Cheers
Howie
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:38 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
Plenty of bogus companies are members of the BBB.
Exactly

BBB gets its money from members, so who do they side with

In my couple of dealings with BBB, the bias was very obvious. They pretty much dismissed a legitimate complaint and chose not to follow up.

EmailKid
Old May 18, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Thumbs up Thanks

I cannot believe I fell for this deal before even checking out FT

But today I got seduced by Yollar's offer for this deal.
Bought two and decided only afterwards to check on the feedback and consequently stumbled upon this FT thread.
Send a refund request an hour later and this was issued with an apology within minutes of my request.
Thumbs up for Yollar ... phew ... feel a whole lot better now

Last edited by Travelomania; May 18, 2012 at 12:39 pm
Old May 18, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA GLD
Funny how the only person who found the deal to be 'Worth it' is a new member and has only 1 post on FT.
Old May 19, 2012, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
It is another reason I avoid Yollar, since reading the fine print on the travel packages advertised for $99 that have hundreds of dollars in "fees"
This is nothing more than trying to RIP people off.
Here's an idea.. If the total price is NOT $99, then don't advertise it for $99
Old May 21, 2012, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by mvoight
It is another reason I avoid Yollar, since reading the fine print on the travel packages advertised for $99 that have hundreds of dollars in "fees"
This is nothing more than trying to RIP people off.
Here's an idea.. If the total price is NOT $99, then don't advertise it for $99
^

I still haven't tried to redeem the one I bought from KGBDeals. I know I have two years but honestly I might forget about it between now and then.

Hey, if I have a great experience, I'll be the first to report back. Just don't hold your breath.
Old May 29, 2012, 7:02 am

$69 COmpanion Fare from Loclly and Next Stage Promotions- SCAM!!!!!!

Do not believe the hype! If it seems too good to be true it most likely is...........I purchased this buy 1 get 1 free deal from Loclly for $69 on Feb 2nd. It took weeks for me to get in contact with anyone and 2 more weeks for Next STAGE PROMOTIONS to send me my travel voucher. Once I received the voucher (late March) I requested travel from Atlanta, GA to Newark, NJ in May on a Wed. After waiting 2 more weeks they sent me a quote of $837. Mind you the $69 is supposed to cover 1 fare if you pay for 1 at regular cost.
Since does a flight from Atlanta to Newark cost $800???????????????
I've been fighting with NExt Stage Promotion to get my money back for months now.
DON'T DO IT GUYS@!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 29, 2012, 4:13 pm

hoping for the best.

i read a couple flyertalk threads/reviews after my purchase of a next stage promotions offer via kgbdeals (earlier today)... and decided to join the site to comment. yes, i'm a new poster. yes, this will probably be my only post... or maybe i'll post again after i take advantage of the offer. who knows?

my deal?
Airfare + 2-night hotel for 2
Next Stage Promotions
cost: $99
value: $850
discount: 88%

Choose your destination: LA, Dallas, Boston, New Orleans, Atlanta, Philadelphia or San Diego and save 88% on round trip airfare + a 2-nt. hotel stay for 2. Pay just $99 for this $850 value. Valid for 2 years! Only 5,000 available

i took the time to read the fine print on the offer BEFORE i purchased. in essence, yes, i will pay extra fees (above and beyond the $99 cost) for this deal... but all in all, i believe it will be a savings.

i've already been emailed my voucher. the $65 fee is waived for kgbdeal members. i can redeem my voucher after the deal closes (6/5/12).

essentially, deal value is broken into $500 for airfare and $350 for hotel. if either exceeds their respective dollar amount, i will have to pay. i will do my best to mitigate this by being flexible with my travel dates. i'm booking 90+ days out (as required by the fine print) for a weekend get away, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

i will incur up to $150 in fees for luggage, tax, etc.. i would have to pay these fees regardless.

i need to book through their broker. fortunately, their broker's rates are indicated to be "based on published rates." i'm guessing they're close to those you'd find online. maybe slightly higher.

the way i figure, even considering all of this, i will save money.

i'm looking at airfare to san diego in october. flights start at $302 (+ taxes/fees), non-stop. i'll end up paying the $50 (+ taxes/fees) per person when we book. but i think it's a very reasonable offer even within the confines of the Ts & Cs. instead of paying $600+ for two people plus the cost of hotel, i'm looking at $200 ($99 for the deal, plus another $100 + taxes/fees) including the hotel. sounds good to me!

i mean... it's fun to bash the company for having loopholes in the offer to cover their rears. but some of y'all need to take ownership of your error/misunderstandings. i'm sure everyone has heard the phrase "buyer beware!" READ THE FINE PRINT. and make sure you have appropriate expectations when making your purchase.
Old May 29, 2012, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by rileyk2
i mean... it's fun to bash the company for having loopholes in the offer to cover their rears. but some of y'all need to take ownership of your error/misunderstandings. i'm sure everyone has heard the phrase "buyer beware!" READ THE FINE PRINT. and make sure you have appropriate expectations when making your purchase.
Good luck and please report back with the final price. It's clear that the airfare will evetually prove to be much higher than your current searches indicate...perhaps ridiculously higher. One thing is for sure: you're not going to get the lowest fare available.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:21 pm

scam scam scam

hey everyone. i am in the process of dealing with nextstagepromotions' shady practices so i thought i'd share my experience thus far.

i purchased a voucher from kgbdeals for $99 towards $850 (for travel and hotel in LV or Orlando) from nextstagepromotions. Prior to purchasing, I read through all the fine print, so i was well aware of whatever fees/taxes they were going to charge me. i live in Minneapolis and need to travel to Orlando in August for a conference, so I thought I could save some money with this deal, even with the additional fees. Roundtrip airfare from MSP to MCO typically averages around $350/pp if purchased at least a month in advance. Thus, traveling with my partner would have cost about $700 for airfare, and another $150-200 for a 2-night stay at a hotel (so a total of $850-900). Because the voucher was good towards $500 in airfare and $350 for 2 nights at a hotel, I figured I'd be spending around $600 ($99+$300 booking fee for 2 ppl + $200 in airfare overages) after everything was said and done. Boy, was I wrong.

Just yesterday, I finally received my proposed itinerary back from their travel booking partner, hotel and air promotion. I was utterly shocked at the prices they quoted me for airfare. They wanted to charge me $580 for one round trip flight from MSP to MCO. I did a quick search on bing.com/travel for flights with similar times, and easily found airfare for $380. That's right, a difference of $200 per ticket. I had to go to the 22nd page of results to find prices even in the $500 range.

So keeping the original fees in mind, a 2 night trip to Orlando for me and my partner through nextstage promotions would cost me roughly $1060, or about $200 more than what it would cost me to book on my own.

Moral of the story? Avoid nextstagepromotions at all costs. they are clearly a scam.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by rileyk2
i need to book through their broker. fortunately, their broker's rates are indicated to be "based on published rates." i'm guessing they're close to those you'd find online. maybe slightly higher.

the way i figure, even considering all of this, i will save money.
and this is EXACTLY where they get you. I did the same thing; purchased a $99 voucher towards $850 in travel to Orlando or Las Vegas. Even with all the fees (upwards of $400), I figured that I'd still be be saving $200-300 dollars.

I received my itinerary yesterday. They quoted me $580 for a roundtrip flight from Minneapolis to Orlando. $580!! Within seconds, i was able to find flights for similar times at $380 through Bing Travel, and it even told me to wait because prices were headed down shortly. Basically, I could not find a flight for $580 even if I tried. Thus, instead of saving money by booking through them, I am now paying more than $200 more by doing so.

What they are doing is unethical, plain and simple. I refuse to make any reservations with them unless they lower their airfare to reasonable prices.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 1:20 pm

I've merged the two Next Stage Travel threads into one as one was moved here from Mileage Run Deals forum.

EmailKid
Budget Travel moderator
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:27 am

Saw and purchased this deal on KBGH site and sent them this

Sent this to KGBH on their website. Let's see how they respond.

Please look at the link below. There are many of them. I think you need to stop promoting these people. I had thought you guys were as reputable as Groupon and Livingsocial, but if you refer people to them, you will be associated with them and will lose all credibility. Can you get them to give me a refund?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budge...ge-travel.html
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid
I've merged the two Next Stage Travel threads into one as one was moved here from Mileage Run Deals forum.
Not sure why you are linking back to the same thread now that I'm merged them into one

EmailKid
Budget Travel moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.