Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two days in Madrid?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Two days in Madrid?

Mrs Farci and I will spend 2-3 days in Madrid shortly. While planning possible things to do and see I considered the 'Madrid Card' but balked at the price of €48 each for 24-hours.

What, dear readers, are your recommendations for must-see and must-do on a budget? Also, where can we eat reasonably in the evenings?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 23, 2010, 4:26 am
Suspended

Well as far as must sees are concerned then I would suggest you to see Golden art Museum Triangle, Palacio Real, Plaza Mayor, Plaza de Cibeles, and templo de Debod etc. Must Dos include Circulo de Ballas Artes that is a non-profit cultural center located at short distance from Sol.. For best dining experience you should try Callos a la Madrilena, Cacido Madrileno, Oreja de Cerdo and Sopa de Ajo etc these are the best cuisines of Madrid. Mid range restaurants are Alhambra, Al-Jaima, Bacchus, Casa de Valencia, Chocolateria San Gines and El Inti de Oro etc.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 9:34 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
It's going to be a bit toasty this time of the year, but Madrid is still a great place to visit.

Not sure if it would leave you much time on a two day visit, but on my three day visit a few years ago I made a day trip to Toledo - you can get there by bus or train.

EmailKid
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
If one of your two days happens to be a Sunday, Mrs. Farci might really enjoy
the Rastro flea market.

Romelle

Since you mentioned budget, last time I was there one could still get from downtown to the airport via metro for one Euro. Amazing deal.

Last edited by Romelle; Jun 24, 2010 at 6:08 am
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
There is a nice thread here with many suggestions:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...d-what-do.html

Here is one of MY personal recommendations:

Go to this restaurant, "the Oldest Restaurant in the World," and have the suckling pig about which Hemingway wrote in "The Sun Also Rises." Wonderful food, wonderful atmosphere.

Restaurante Botín
www.botin.es
Calle de los Cuchilleros, 17
28005 Madrid, Spain
91 366 42 17

"We lunched upstairs at Botin´s. It is one of the best restaurants in the world. We had roast young suckling pig and drank rioja alta. Brett did not eat much. She never ate much. I ate a very big meal and drank three bottles of rioja alta.” - E. Hemingway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.