Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ to LGW - Which carrier?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilčge, Air Canada Aeroplan
YYZ to LGW - Which carrier?

I frequently travel from Toronto to London, 95% of the time on BA. For an upcoming trip it may well be more handy for me to fly into Gatwick so am considering one of the 3 low cost carriers flying there. I would most likely fly out the 'plus/club' cabin and back in economy. At the moment I would rule out Westjet because of their reliability issues, esp as this will be a 4 day trip. Between Air Canada Rouge and Air Transat which would people go for, and which has the better 'plus / premium economy' type cabin?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: USair BA DL AA
Air Canada and Air Transat seem like the best choices with price and nonstop. I think I'd go with Air Canada. BA, Westjet and Aer Lingus will get you there but will stop either in NYC, Dublin, etc.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
rouge over Transat hands down.

Plus you can start earning Aeroplan miles in case you start using LGW more often than you think.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by YYC009
rouge over Transat hands down.

Plus you can start earning Aeroplan miles in case you start using LGW more often than you think.
I dunno, Transat Club class is pretty good and pretty cheap.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Originally Posted by lionelhutzskis
I dunno, Transat Club class is pretty good and pretty cheap.
They are both good but one should consider to leverage the long term benefits of a global carrier like Air Canada. A rewards program is one of those benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.