Search

Cheapest way from MSP to STL?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Cheapest way from MSP to STL?

HI all,
What's the cheapest way to get to STL from MSP?

Here are the requirements:
  • 2 people total
  • Departure date Friday, August 22 in evening OR anytime Aug 23
  • I have 12.5k miles for AA and 7k miles for Rapid Rewards
  • Note: I'll be at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN on Friday, so if there's even a posibility to fly from RST --> STL, even better!

I saw that Spirit had some attractive prices from MSP to ORD. Perhaps some sort of multi-city combo would work? I am partial because of ORD's Admiral's Club which we can wait a couple of hours, if needed. Also, I saw something about 8k miles from Spirit airlines for sending a negative email or something....could I have both of us do that? Will that cover our cost from MSP to ORD? How many points would it be from MSP to ORD using Spirit?

Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:14 am

I see that it is 6,837 WGA points on Southwest. Since you have 7k, you could use the points for one ticket, and then buy another ticket for $120-128, or use the AA miles (where it will require connection in ORD and you'll be separated).

I don't know about your return since you mentioned just one-way.

Another option is just renting a car from Enterprise and driving the route, perhaps stopping somewhere half way for the night in a hotel to break up the 8 hr drive to two 4 hour drives.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rtalk25
I see that it is 6,837 WGA points on Southwest. Since you have 7k, you could use the points for one ticket, and then buy another ticket for $120-128, or use the AA miles (where it will require connection in ORD and you'll be separated).

I don't know about your return since you mentioned just one-way.

Another option is just renting a car from Enterprise and driving the route, perhaps stopping somewhere half way for the night in a hotel to break up the 8 hr drive to two 4 hour drives.
Yes, one way.

That car rental is actually an awesome idea! Let me think about that....thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.