Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

Spirit, interjet, volaris, viva aerobus start fare war at IAH with united

Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select

Spirit's massive expansion plus viva aerobus, Internet, and volaris entering the market have caused a huge fare war with United on certain Latin American destinations, particularly cancun and guadalajara.

Spirits impact is more because they fly domestically and to other countries like Belize, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Honduras.

Good for customers.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
I have not seen any cheap fares on MEX,GDL to IAH yet...Actually direct flights are very expensive.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
I have not seen any cheap fares on MEX,GDL to IAH yet...Actually direct flights are very expensive.
I booked $271 to GDL round trip nonstop. Also I see $268 to MTY and $311 to QRO
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by slickvik
I booked $271 to GDL round trip nonstop. Also I see $268 to MTY and $311 to QRO
From MEX> USA the fares are north of 500 USD in the cheapest days...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
This weekend I stumbled onto MEX-IAH for $271 on AM or UA. (Believe Interjet had fares at this price as well.) Not sure who started the sale, but I'd guess that it's in response to Spirit, which begins flying Mexico City (TLC Toluca) to Houston in May.

Now that the sale is over, UA is back to a ridiculous $669, which AM matches on the non-stop flight. If you're willing to connect in MTY however, AM will sell for the route for ~$385.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.