Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

Spirit says "Lower fares generally available at the airport."

Spirit says "Lower fares generally available at the airport."

Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by flycheapalwayseverywhere
I bought 2 tickets at the houston aiport but the «not experienced staff» charge me $4.50 for passage fee... where online is 17,99 and theorically at the airport should be 0 ! As all you have shared...

Any ideas? Should i talk again and ask for the $4.50 per person and way back?
You were charged the correct amount. The airport staff doesn't do anything with fees, they plug in your cities and charge you whatever comes up in the system. There are certain fees that you still pay, and if you look at your ticket it was most likely 17.99 less than the price showing online.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Another strange data point on free seats at the airport.

On my last trip to the airport a couple of months ago, I got free seats. This past weekend, though, the CSA I dealt with seemed somewhat new. When I asked nicely for seats, she said she could give me seats (without paying) just outgoing, not returning. And she checked with her supervisor, too.

Since free seats at the airport are an extremely unpublished benefit, I'm not complaining, but this does seem a bit odd.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:21 am

Is it possible to purchase a PHL-LAS NK ticket at an ACY NK counter? I presume one can purchase tickets for any NK flights, out of any NK airport counter right? ACY can be easy to park and get into and out of the airport area easily.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:42 am

Yes, absolutely. But double check opening hours (i.e., when flights leave) if there're limited flights at ACY.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by gooseman13
You were charged the correct amount. The airport staff doesn't do anything with fees, they plug in your cities and charge you whatever comes up in the system. There are certain fees that you still pay, and if you look at your ticket it was most likely 17.99 less than the price showing online.

Fee theorixally avoid at airport. 17,99
Most of you got it for. 0
But i was charged 4,50

So I only saved 13,49. : (

They printed the tixket but without the seats! I was told when i will chechl i will know whixh row
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:23 pm

Can you purchase the BFS and pay for checked bags at the airport when you pick up tickets to save the 17.99 fee. I really do not want to purchase at the airport if I can not get the BFS right away.
Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: WN RR, B6 TrueBlue, AA, NK
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
Yes, absolutely. But double check opening hours (i.e., when flights leave) if there're limited flights at ACY.
Interesting you bring that up, as I've been trying to find a definitive list of opening times at their airports. Do you know where it may be hiding in their website?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:31 pm

First answer. You can pay for whatever you like at the airport along with the ticket. The simplest way to go, obviously, is to pay just for the ticket at the airport (saving the $17.99 fee each way) and to pay for everything else at home on line. It's all the same price, after all. But if you're worried about snagging a BFS, by all means pay for everything at the airport.

Second answer. There is no time listing anywhere. The approved method, I believe, is look up flight times and assume that they'll open a couple of hours before the first one and close after the last one leaves. DFW is a hub for Spirit and so I never have the issue since the ticket counter is pretty much always open.

The Heels First Travel blog also has a nice summary entitled "Everything You Need to Know About Spirit Airlines," which you can Google.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:26 am

Glad I found this thread. I want to go to Boston Logan to purchase tickets but can't find out how late their ticket counter is open (last daily departure is around 5pm and I wouldn't be going by there til after that on my way home from work).

Based on FallenPlat's advice I'm best off just trying to stop by on a weekend when I know they'll be open. But...Anyone happpen to know how late the BOS counter is open? I've tried calling and haven't been able to get through to the ticket counter to find out.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by dangw20
Glad I found this thread. I want to go to Boston Logan to purchase tickets but can't find out how late their ticket counter is open (last daily departure is around 5pm and I wouldn't be going by there til after that on my way home from work).

Based on FallenPlat's advice I'm best off just trying to stop by on a weekend when I know they'll be open. But...Anyone happpen to know how late the BOS counter is open? I've tried calling and haven't been able to get through to the ticket counter to find out.
I have purchased tickets at Logan, and I think they are pretty much only there when flights are leaving. They are at the checkin counters on the departures level. I wouldnt bet on them being there much after a flight takes off
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by robertwcook16
I have purchased tickets at Logan, and I think they are pretty much only there when flights are leaving. They are at the checkin counters on the departures level. I wouldnt bet on them being there much after a flight takes off
Thank you for your help! I'll plan to get there before the last departure then.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:19 am
FB_

Programs: AP
I'm about to book 9 flights from DTW - MCO

Price is as follows online

FLIGHT PRICE
$775.98

Base Fare $775.98
Flight $418.68
Unintended Consequences of DOT Regulations $33.48
Passenger Usage Fee $323.82

GOVERNMENT'S CUT
$287.64
Security Fee $100.80
Passenger Facility Fee $81.00
Segment Fee $72.00
Federal Excise Tax $33.84

Total Due$1,063.62

So are you all saying I can go to the airport and pay $323.82 less?

I'm in Toronto so I'd have to drive to IAG (Niagara Falls) but it might be worth it.

Will I also save some of the Passenger Facility Fee?

Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by FB_
I'm about to book 9 flights from DTW - MCO

Price is as follows online

FLIGHT PRICE
$775.98

Base Fare $775.98
Flight $418.68
Unintended Consequences of DOT Regulations $33.48
Passenger Usage Fee $323.82

GOVERNMENT'S CUT
$287.64
Security Fee $100.80
Passenger Facility Fee $81.00
Segment Fee $72.00
Federal Excise Tax $33.84

Total Due$1,063.62

So are you all saying I can go to the airport and pay $323.82 less?

I'm in Toronto so I'd have to drive to IAG (Niagara Falls) but it might be worth it.

Will I also save some of the Passenger Facility Fee?

Thanks
Yes you will save $323.82.

I went to BOS last week and saved $35.98 on a RT flight to Atlanta.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:57 pm
FB_

Programs: AP
Originally Posted by dangw20
Yes you will save $323.82.

I went to BOS last week and saved $35.98 on a RT flight to Atlanta.
Thanks

I'll be going to Buffalo on March 7th. I'll stop by IAG then. Does it have to be the airport you're leaving from? Can I buy DTW-MCO from IAG?

Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:21 pm

Any Spirit agent at any airport (assuming they're selling tickets at all and aren't just checking in passengers) can sell you a ticket to anywhere Spirit flies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.