Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences with FastJet in Tanzania?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Experiences with FastJet in Tanzania?

I'm looking to fly into Dar es Salaam in March from Joberg. They have still not released their schedule to book past Mar 27 2015 so concerns me regarding their stability.
Also wondering about their safety? Anyone have any experience with them? Price is right compared to SAA, Ethiopian, Kulula, etc.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:22 am

I have flown several times with FastJet and rate them highly - and not just because of their low fares. The airline is run by former easyjet management and adheres to European standards - including European strict safety standards - which is very welcome in Africa.

They have a 90+ percent punctuality record and a 100 percent safety record - although they did suffer a couple of bird strikes at Mwanza airfield in September/October which caused a fair amount of disruption to flight schedules for a few days.

Their Airbus 319s are fast, clean and comfortable and their cabin crew are excellent/friendly in my experience.

I think the reason you can't yet book is because they limit the forward bookings to a 3-month rolling window. I assume this is because of their low-cost model whereby tickets get more expensive as the the date of travel approaches and they can't afford to allow planes to fill up with cheap earlybird tickets before the higher prices kick in.

Some background here:

https://wolfganghthome.wordpress.com...-for-december/

http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/...ts-for-africa/
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Thank you airsmiles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.