Flydubai

Old May 20, 2010, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Flydubai

There seems to be surprisingly little about flydubai on FT. Has anyone had any experiences on the airline worth sharing?
Old May 22, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Haha - I just spent 10 minutes doing a report for you and just as I was going to hit the post button I realized I had written all about Air Arabia ... I know that you will understand my need to confess. Never been on Flydubai so I am as interested as you.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by ung1
There seems to be surprisingly little about flydubai on FT. Has anyone had any experiences on the airline worth sharing?
I was fortunate enough to speak with their CEO, Ghaith Al Ghaith.

I hope you find this informative. ^
Old Sep 6, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
It makes Ryanair look quite middle of the road in its "nickel and dime" practices.

At least the flight are reliable, but their booking website is still pretty poor.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
You get what you pay for, but it gets you from A to B. It felt little different to other LCCs in the region.

Terminal 2 isn't as bad as I expected, either
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:06 am

Programs: TK*G EP
Flying with them on Jan 11, 2011

SAW-DXB2-CMB-DXB2-SAW. Paid 251 with luggage. (20kg)

I could try to write a TR if anyone is interested.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
The one thing I can add is that they aren't strict about hand luggage. I know someone who flew them and was quite irritated because he'd stuck to the 10kg allowance and other people were carrying several carry ons.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: TK*G EP
The one thing I can add is that they aren't strict about hand luggage. I know someone who flew them and was quite irritated because he'd stuck to the 10kg allowance and other people were carrying several carry ons.
I read that now they have a very strict policy about 7kg hand luggage plus a purse/laptop bag.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:15 am

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
Typical for ME. If you can hide the extra bags from the checkin desk, the cabin crew normaly won't do anything about it.

Definitely unfair if you played by the rules.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: EMIRATES SKYWARDS
Fly dubai is nice with regard to the price ,but the seat are narrow
it completes some destenations which are not covered with big sister emirates (ek).
I will use it again after 4 days
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold
Anyone done the DXB > KTM route? Reliable? Hassle Factor?

Debating Flydubai v QR next Saturday.

Flydubai times are preferred and of course it's non-stop v a stop in DOH or BAH but curious about reliability and the hassle factor. With baggage and seat selection it saves only $100~ but it is too much of a hassle and do they routinely cancel flights?

Traveling next weekend from DXB.

Thanks for the responses in advance.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott ,Radisson ,BW & Accor Gold , M&M , AB & FB Silver ,Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by rozy
Flying with them on Jan 11, 2011

SAW-DXB2-CMB-DXB2-SAW. Paid 251 with luggage. (20kg)

I could try to write a TR if anyone is interested.

i was contemplating taking that from SOF , but their schedule changes after March , so gave up. However a TR would be an interesting read - pls share , if you have the time ...
Old Feb 8, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold
Legroom Row 1 and 2 Pics

A quick update on a recent FlyDubai DXB-KTM roundtrip.

To be safe I pre purchased 20kg of luggage and for convenience I opted into the reserve a seat selecting row 2. Bulkhead seat had typical space - quite nice - row 2 and all rear were tight in my opinion on leg room. I didn't measure but I am 5' 7" and you can see from the pic knees were close to the seat back. I had the middle seat open both ways.

The flight out on Saturday to KTM was 50% full, the return more like 95% full. One could have easily not paid the fee to reserve but it's already so cheap why not ensure you are seated where you want to be and as comfortable as you can be.

When flying in to KTM for best Himals view select aft side, starboard side when flying from KTM to DXB. Beautiful views.

I was relatively pleased with check-in process both ways - slow but expected - (wish they would add an option of pay extra to bypass the check-in line tho) and with the flight crew.

Very impressed with the return flight crew from KTM to DXB enough so that I wrote a letter to commend. It was evident that many on the flight were first time flyers/travelers and to be kind virtually all passengers were clearly not versed in lavatory etiquette or flight etiquette. The flight crew demonstrated great respect and patience in helping educate when practical and more important were meticulous in maintaining public area/lavatories clean for the health and safety of other passengers. Better than any US carrier crew.

Pics:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...om-row-1-2.jpg

Last edited by 3dTravel; Feb 8, 2011 at 3:44 pm Reason: add pic link
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Good Low Cost Carrier

Heya,

I've flown FlyDubai a few times now, from DXB to DMM and from DOH to DXB. Some comments on them:
  • The planes are new and pretty clean.
  • They do "nickel and dime" you quite often, charging for everything. However, the charges are still very reasonable, and for a 1 hour flight you can do without IFE, Food, or Beverage.
  • WRT to the carry on limitation, I generally get by pretty easy. I carry a laptop backpack, and it can run upwards of 18kg when fully loaded. Fortunately, as it is a backpack, I found that even airlines that are strict on carry ons do not bother to weigh mine.
  • My flights have left ontime, staff are nice, and one of the flights was relatively empty (I had the whole row to myself).
Old May 11, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: SPG platinum, Best Western Platinum, SIXT platinum
Extra legroom seats

Hi,

have a question about the extra legroom seats on the Flydubay 737 800 Cat2.
There is a choice of row 6 and the exit rows.
Both are 30usd.

Is the 6 row real big extra legroom? Its just behind the business, but still, i guess the exit seat is better, isnt it?

Thanks for your help
MM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.