Wiki Posts
Search

USAA Car rental

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:11 am
Original Poster

USAA Car rental

Hey guys,

I plan on renting a car in Albuquerque in a couple weeks but I'm only 21. So I did some research and signed up for USAA. But I'm not prior military neither is my family. I can't get a real answer from budget or USAA. So my question is can I use USAA to rent my car without any problems. And can I use my regular insurance instead of budgets. I don't have a membership card do I need one? And what are your experiences doing this?

Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:28 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Welcome to FlyerTalk! Hopefully you find it helpful and fun here and become a regular.

When you signed up for USAA, did they let you become a member? If so, you should be able to print a card online or something as proof that you're a member (just in case Budget requires it). I haven't been asked for my proof of eligibility but mine is a corporate code.

You shouldn't have any issue using your own insurance, but be sure they cover rental cars!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

No I don't think I can print a card off. I've heard other people say that they just print off the page that says your number. But I'm hesitant that when I get there they will not accept it
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Dallasfan
No I don't think I can print a card off. I've heard other people say that they just print off the page that says your number. But I'm hesitant that when I get there they will not accept it
I did that.

In 15+ rentals, I've never been asked for it.

Started renting when I was 21. 24 now.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:24 am
Original Poster

So I have a rental on Thursday. I plan on printing a screenshot of the front page with my name and number on it. Do you think it will work?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: Budget Fastbreak
Policy Change

I used to do this all the time, but I just got hit with the underage fee on my last rental. The lady said they changed the policy, so you have to show the physical USAA card otherwise they won't honor the discount. Maybe its just my location because we are located next to a university and many students took advantage of that offer. Tell me if you get the surcharge.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Nope Everything worked perfectly for me. I even didn't even have to show Id because I signed up for the fastbreak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.