Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappearing reservations on Budget.com

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 7:58 am
Original Poster

I reserved two identical cars from Budget at Glasgow airport well in advance of departure (10 months) because I found a good price. Both had a return to London but different airports, my idea being that as my plans firmed up I would cancel the reservation I didn't want.

Now I am 5 months out and I know which reservation I want, but poof, both reservations no longer exist. I certainly didn't cancel them. I then tried to rebook and the price was over 50% higher. So checked Enterprise and got a lower rate than Budget offered previously so sticking with that.

Question: Does Budget search for and automatically cancel reservations that appear to be duplicates?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan

If you have the reserv # you could simply call. They would have a record of how or why it was cancelled. Of you didn't they would likely have honored it.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:47 pm

I had a reservation disappear on me last week at FRA. Evidently Budget upgraded their systems recently and lost some of the bookings. Fortunately, I had the email confirming the reservation and they honored the booking.
Old May 14, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
I have a reservation made online for June in Munich. It's no longer available to view on budget.com. When I enter my confirmation number I am getting "We were unable to process your request. Please use the 'back' button and try again. In many cases, this second attempt will work. If not, please try again later. ec: To Currency Cannot be Null or Empty" I have been getting this message for the last 3 weeks. Finally when I called today I was told that my reservation is active and everything is fine.

The other weird thing is when I try to make a new reservation at this particular location in Munich it is not even showing up. The only available location in Munich is at the airport. But CSR assured me that everything is fine.

I know that this location is operated under AVIS brand and I thought that maybe budget is no longer partners with AVIS in Germany. Are there any insight on this topic?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.